cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Yahoo mail login issues

JD67
I've Been Here Awhile

Cannot get emails on phone since password change

I see a lot of users had the same issue of being unable to get their emails after yahoo asks for the password to be added.

I changed my password and am able to access rogers email on my computer, but not on my android. It just keeps asking for the password again. 

It's been 2 days now. Is there something I can do to be able to continue getting email on my phone?

***Added Labels***

36 REPLIES 36

Re: Rogers Yahoo mail login issues

RogersTony

Hello @JD67,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I prefer to view all of my emails on my mobile as well so I can imagine how much of an inconvenience it is now that it is not working. If you have not already you can try deleting the email profile on your device and then add it again.

Are you using the default Android email client? If deleting and re-adding the email profile does not work then you can download the Yahoo Mail App from the Google Play store and you should have no issues accessing your email that way.

Keep us posted on what ends up working best for you!

RogersTony

JD67
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Tony - I was unable to disable the default email on my phone so I just moved it off the screen and installed the yahoo mail app from Google Play store and now I seem to have my mail

Thx

JD67

Mzpt
I've Been Around
the answer?

Hello, @Mzpt.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I appreciate your participation in this thread; we can certainly look into fetching the answer. Please provide more details about the issue you are experiencing. Like the error message, email client, device details etc. so that we can suggest the solution. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

ajaxwilly
I Plan to Stick Around

strange that my Virgin Bell  Email is OK with same rogers password. HMMMM !

stinger2
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi All, for the last 24 hours, i can't connect to my rogers email account via Outlook.  I have no issues going online with the yahoo webpage.  I get the error that i need to put my password in.  5.7.0 error.  It says "Rogers PoP returned error 5.7.0 #aut005.  Too many bad auth attempts.  would you like to reenter your password?"  So i reenter my password but it doesn't work.  I've changed my password, and still, it doesn't work.  Help please!!!

nikki777
I've Been Here Awhile

Experiencing the same issues with POP and IMAP for the last couple of days and it only seems to affect 1 of 4 of our email accounts?  Came back last night around 9pm but gone again as of this morning.  Very frustrated with Rogers!

stinger2
I've Been Here Awhile
yes very frustrating

Hey @ajaxwilly, @stinger2, & @nikki777

We all rely on our email for keeping in touch and for the various services we subscribe to. Thank you for posting the issues you’re experiencing so we can help anyone else that might be having trouble! 🙂

We’ve noticed that generating a new App Password should resolve the password authentication issues you’re experiencing. Please see the instructions below!

Generate an App Password In the Member Centre
1.    Go to the sign in page.
2.    Enter the Rogers Yahoo! email address and password for the account you’d like to create an App Password for. Select Next.

3. Mobile: Select the menu icon member_centre_mobile_menu.png in the top-left corner, then Account Information.
Desktop: Select Account Information in the top-right corner of your browser window.
4.    Select Authorized Applications.
5.    Please delete the existing App Password that you may have already for your email client.
6.    Then, in the Name your password field, label your App Password with the name of the mail client it’s for, then select Generate.
7.    Write down the randomly generated app password or copy it to your clipboard.
8.    Enter the password in Mail using the instructions below. When you’re finished, select Done on the popup.

If you need a hand in updating your email client settings, please visit this help article.

Regards,
RogersTim

nikki777
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, regenerating the App password fixed the authentication issue.  I didn't think this step was required for Android 5 and higher.  I'm currently on 9.

cschmid
I've Been Here Awhile
I’m also experiencing issues with my mail. Using the default iOS mail client and email stopped working 2 days ago. I deleted my mail account and tried to re-add it. If I use the method where I select Yahoo as my email provider, I enter my credentials, but I just get returned to the select email provider page and nothing is added. If I select other and enter all of the mail account details manually I receive the following error: ‘The IMAP server imap.mail.yahoo.com is not responding...’

Any suggestions?

Running into the same problem for last two days. 

Hello, @cschmid.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for joining this discussion! We can certainly assist in resolving the email issues you are encountering using Mac Mail. 

What's the OS version are you running on your computer? If adding your email account using Yahoo as the email provider is failing then you have to generate the App Password. 

Please see the support article on how to generate the App Password and update the mail settings.

@fredgaspar - I appreciate your patience, most likely you may have to use the App Password to continue using your email client. You can check the above support article for more details. If required, please feel free to post more details about the OS, mail client and errors etc. so that we can help resolve the issue. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

cschmid
I've Been Here Awhile
Hi @RogersMoin,

As mentioned in my post, this is using iOS on my iPhone X running 12.1.4

Hello @cschmid,

Thanks for providing us with the OS version of your device. The most recent version of iOS for your device is 12.2 which was released on March 25, 2019. It is recommended to update your device to the latest iOS version.

Have you attempted the steps outlined in the Support Article in Post 14 to create an App Password and update the mail settings? If not, please complete the steps and let us know if issues are persistent. Alternatively, you can download the Yahoo Mail App from the Apple App Store and you should be able to access your emails on your iPhone without issue.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Perplexed
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers email login using Chrome.

Using Chrome, Rogers email login page does not load.  I get just the Rogers logo in the upper left and the word Francais in the upper right and the black line in the page header - rest of the page is blank.  I expect it is something with my Chrome settings.  I can login OK with Microsoft Edge.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Dugi
I'm a Senior Contributor

I had the same issue with Chrome and discovered that clearing my browsing data through the Chrome settings provided a fix. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Perplexed : As mentioned by @Dugi , this is almost always a browser settings issue - like popup blockers, extensions, cookies, cache issues, etc. Here's a checklist for you.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

I can login just fine using Chrome.

Perplexed
I've Been Here Awhile

Many thanks to both Dugi and 57.  Disabling my Adblocker did not help.  Using Incognito did get around the blockage.  Also, clearing my browsing data (for "all time" - my hard drive rumbled away for 15 minutes) also did the trick.  Your suggestions very much appreciated.

Daenub
I've Been Here Awhile
Deleting the account and adding it again fixed it for me.