cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Yahoo mail login issues

barold
I'm Here A Lot

I am once again experiencing problems accessing my rogers.com email. On an iPhone it prompts for the password to be re-entered in settings but as soon as in return to mail it asks again.
In other applications (bluemail) it just reports sync failed.

I don't think this relates to my previous rogersmembercenter issue but feels aggravatingly similar.

*Edit/Update*

It looks to be a pop server issue (cannot test SMTP on device) webmail seems to be working on a computer through a browser. 

***Edited Labels***

53 REPLIES 53

Re: Rogers Yahoo mail login issues

Bonnie1234
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm having the same issues with IMAP mail accounts - started last night.

mrbrimi
I Plan to Stick Around
Misery loves company. I cannot access mail using either Windows 10 Mail or Outlook. Like you I get message to re-enter password.

Bonnie1234
I Plan to Stick Around
I just restarted my modem and mail came in! We'll see how long it works!

Bonnie1234
I Plan to Stick Around
Update: mail only came in for the POP account I have - IMAP account still asking for password!

Darren27
I'm Here A Lot

I'm seeing the same issue on the BB hub on Android. Couldn't get through to tech support. My email is working on the laptop though.

titusda
I've Been Here Awhile
Same here I access my Rogers emails via gmail app on android and got emails before 7am ET but since then no joy keeps saying "can't sign in"

Bonnie1234
I Plan to Stick Around

Same with me.  Last mail pickup for IMAP account was 7 am - just got mail on my POP account but IMAP still asking for password (I have 3 mail accounts).  I called in to Rogers - they have a recording -they are aware of the situation and working on it!

stevemac380
I've Been Here Awhile

All of a sudden it says attention required and wants me to re enter password

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I also had issues this morning using Outlook (POP) on my Mac Mini computer - it simply stated "Connecting", but didn't finish connecting. I didn't see an error message.  I used Webmail.  When I was finished with Webmail, I tried Outlook again and it appears to be working now.

Whenever there's an issue when things were working fine before, I stay calm and wait a while. The situation usually resolves itself.

barold
I'm Here A Lot

had to log in on a computer to check email - mail.yahoo.com seems to still work but not pop (smtp can't be verified on device).

Same here all morning.  Using a eM Client app on Windows 10 and its internal Fix It diagnostic feature could resolve issue.  A friend is having the same issue.  I usually have a problem a few times a month where it asks to confirm the password but a click of the OK button gets mail working again.  This is Rogers Yahoo server issue.  I can access mail via Rogers Webmail.

@stevemac380 wrote:

All of a sudden it says attention required and wants me to re enter password

Krhinds
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having the same difficulty trying to access Rogers/Yahoo email on Windows 10 and on our iPhone devices.  This is a server issue yes?  Is this being remedied?

Trudging
I've Been Around
Also unable to get email

Krhinds
I've Been Here Awhile

I tried resetting our modem also but nothing changed.  Very frustrating!

JohnSt
I've Been Around

Same problem as a host of others. Can't login to yahoo mail using IOS devices but GMail works fine. Did Rogers make a change last night so that nothing works today????

glenn2
I've Been Around

Not to let Rogers off the hook, but I think this is a Yahoo Issue...  I have a yahoo.ca account that only works for POP3, not IMAP.  

makes me want to switch email providers...

colreal
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the same problem and its a regular occurrence associated with Rogers Yahoo mail servers. In addition, while using Safari I can't login to my Rogers account but if I use Firefox no issue with logging in. The 2 problems seem to be related because the logging in problem only happens when there are email issues. Like all the others web mail is working ok. I tried calling technical support but the person I talked to couldn't help and tried to transfer me to some other "expert" but I was disconnected in the process and so I gave up.

Its time for Rogers to divorce their email from Yahoo and set up their own servers. 

Fabman
I've Been Here Awhile

Glad I am not the only one experiencing these problems. I too am only able to access my @rogers email addresses through the rogers/yahoo website. No luck with Windows 10 mail app or Android phone email app. My gmail accounts work fine on both so maybe it is a yahoo issue. hopefully there is a fix soon or somebody on this forum has a fix. Pretty frustrating!

colreal
I've Been Here Awhile

I just called tech support and now they have a recording saying they are aware of the problem and working on it. By the way, I'm located in Collingwood.

Leafgirl
I've Been Here Awhile
Can't access email on my phone. This is becoming a constant. Started this morning. Rogers gave me a ticket number. It's been 6 hrs and still asking for password that fails.
Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats