Rogers Yahoo mail - hosted webmail client

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Yahoo mail - hosted webmail client

I have a third party hosted site. I've set up Roundcube web mail there for the email addresses I have as part of my domains there. For those, everything works fine.

I've been trying to set up a Roundcube installation to allow me to read my xxxxx@rogers.com email, so far without success. All tests so far to:

imap.mail.yahoo.com (993)

smtp.mail.yahoo.com (465)

fail with timeout, although I can read my mail with either Outlook or Thunderbird from a PC.

The third party hosting company tell me ports 993 and 465 are open to me at their end, and my tests confirm that view.

My reading of the current state of yahoo mail servers is that they are not in fact open to outside servers (only to mobile devices) and that both Outlook and Thuderbird have gateway workrounds built in because of that. Can anyone confirm?

If that is in fact the case, I'll stop tearing my hair out (what little is left Smiley Embarassed) trying to get Roundcube working for that address Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Yahoo mail - hosted webmail client

for imap, there is only the yahoo one... but you could TRY the rogers ones themselves?  Go to the same end location.. but they might work.

pop.broadband.rogers.com

smtp.broadband.rogers.com

I've Been Here Awhile

My thanks indeed, Lady (or indeed Lord Smiley Embarassed) Kitty. Or GD. Or, um...

Hmmm. Perhaps I should start again Smiley Happy.

Yes, I know of those web mail solutions. I was trying to integrate my xxxxx@rogers.com into the web mail solution I've already established for my other email addresses. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that it may not be possible at this time. Which isn't the end of the world - but would have been a 'nice-to-do'.

But my thanks indeed for the reply, and my genuine appreciation for the assistance Smiley Happy.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Lord 🙂 but just call me GD.

I am NOT talking about the web solutions though.
Those are the pop/smtp addresses for the rogers email.  I currently use thos addresses in outlook, phones, tablets, and other devices to receive mail..

While again, i dont know if they will work or not with what you are trying to do.. (could have the same result, as they connect into the same email servers on yahoo for rogers), it would be worth a shot.

Not having ever used the software.. i am not familiar with what they are looking for.
But i do have a background in IT.. and have worked on mail servers ranging from exchange and lotus notes, to more simple pop servers 🙂

Assuming that software can access via a basic POP connection, it should work like any other basic external client (exchange, phones, etc).. it would just have to be set to PULL the mail at whatever interval.

I've Been Here Awhile

GD

I'll try to mess with POP then. Boo, yea verily, and hiss.

Initially I wanted to use IMAP as I didn't want to pull the emails to my own hosted server. But I may not have a choice. So far everything I've seen says IMAP is only available for yahoo mail to mobile devices (logical) and that Outlook and Thunderbird have built in fudges.

It's not critical. I barely use the Rogers address, at least not as far as publishers and readers are concerned, because if I ever changed providers life could get confusing. So it doesn't see a lot of mail traffic these days.

My thanks indeed for the input and viewpoint, sir Smiley Happy.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No problem.. yeah.. imap i have had mixxed results with.. even with the phones, etc.. so i have switched mine to PoP.. have to wait on the checks, or do a force refresh.. but nothing critical here..

This is why i am loving activesync for the newer phones, with newer exchange/lotus servers... like imap... but BETTER 🙂

Unfortunately rogers/yahoo doesnt support activesync either 😞 (compared to gmail, etc does)

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation