cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Yahoo Webmail Problems - Messages Won't Load

seanrea
I've Been Here Awhile

Since Yahoo updated they webmail interface, I am not able to access my email from a computer.  I have tried three different machines and I have followed the Yahoo suggestions for fixing bugs: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&y=PROD_MAIL&locale=en_US&id=SLN3223 but it still doesn't work.

The interface is slow to load, and then when I click on a message all I get is the little "thinking" circle running and the message never opens.

Any thoughts on fixes would be greatly appreciate, as I am getting tired of typing on my iPhone!

I tried contacting Yahoo customer support, but since the account is through Rogers they said I had to check with Rogers support.

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Yahoo Webmail Problems - Messages Won't Load

seanrea
I've Been Here Awhile

I just spent an hour playing with it and I think I figured it out!  When I went in to change to basic view, I noticed a button to turn off conversations (that's the big new functionality).  Do I tried basic view and I could access my messages.  So I went back and switched to the new view, but turned converstions off...you know what...it worked.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

And i hate how yahoo does that...

since rogers support, has NO control over the web interface.. thats YAHOO...

Assuming you tried different browsers on the different PCs?  Sometimes i find FF or chrome can act a little wonky with it. 

Another user reported similar recently, but went away after about 2 days.

If you can at least get in and open up the preferences.. you could try switching it to BASIC and see if that helps at all.

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

You could try, " Go to tools, scroll down to Compatibility View Settings, click and add Yahoo.com or whatever  your email server's web address is.

seanrea
I've Been Here Awhile

I just spent an hour playing with it and I think I figured it out!  When I went in to change to basic view, I noticed a button to turn off conversations (that's the big new functionality).  Do I tried basic view and I could access my messages.  So I went back and switched to the new view, but turned converstions off...you know what...it worked.

View solution in original post