cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Yahoo Homepage - I'm lost!

solinadave
I Plan to Stick Around

Maybe I should say, "I'm at a loss!". Regarding my Rogers Yahoo homepage, I find it serves me well, although I liked it better before rather than the way it is. But that's a separate issue, I think.

My problem now is with  access to my local weather. When I would go on-line, and open my homepage, there was my hometown indicated, and then I could easily navigate through my local weather forecast. I'm a simple man. I don't need too much.

Every once in a while though, for some inexpicable reason, my default location would change, why I have no idea, and I don't know how to change it back. On past occasions, it seems that it simply corrected itself. That is a mystery to me. I've asked the question on-line,  but invariably even step-by-step procedures that are suggested, are consumed by roadblocks. I'll be advised to click on a specific button, for example, "settings", but I won't see the button anywhere, and now I'm about ready to lose it!!!

If anyone can help me out here I would greatly appreciate it. Thankyou very much.......................Dave

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Rogers Yahoo Homepage - I'm lost!

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am guessing you are talking about this page?

https://ca.rogers.yahoo.com/

and the little weather box thing on the right hand side?

I think you are able to select your location (or possibly locations) via clicking on the little upside down teardrop in the right corner

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

It works for me, although I've never been to that page. It automatically logs me into my Yahoo account. As for the local weather, I live in the country, between Woodstock and Ingersoll and it shows me Ingersoll weather even though I'm closer to Woodstock. No big deal.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Alot of that, can be based on the geoIP location of were you are connected... but can also be the closest WEATHER CENTER.

Where i live, there is no weather center.. some sites do an extrapolated guess based on the ones around me.

Others.. give me a place.. but often give me the WRONG one.  They give me BARRIE, which is closest ACROSS the lake from me.. but distance wise drving newmarket is closer.. let alone that i am more likely to have weather similar to newmarket, than barrie.

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

As far as the Rogers Yahoo home page, it has definitely become very convoluted and has lost much of its basic function with no ability to personalize. I have switched to https://my.yahoo.com/ which is much better - you can personalize this page to suit your needs and show only the content you want and not the content that Rogers thinks you should have! I highly recommend you give it a try!

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation