Rogers Wireless Service Problems?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whitey72
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Wireless Service Problems?

When i have a 3 year contract with Rogers, not Apple, there must be customer service beyond the warranty of a phone that they profit on. Soon it will be illegal to hold people to long contracts on cell phones as it is for cable service providers! Look how much you spend after 36 months with an iphone that you purchased from rogers. Worth it? Not a chance.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I understand where you are coming from but that is why Apple has Apple care. They offer an extra year or 2 for $99 & you get another extra warranty after your warranty ends. You  are saying soon? Show me how soon seeing as No one in Canada not even the CRTC is doing anything about the 3 Year terms we are on. Also every carrier in Canada mostly Fido / Bell / Telus / Virgin & some of the other carries when you buy the iPhone from them on a contract you need to sign a 3 year term in order to get the discount price. The Warranty stays the same unless you buy more from the company that made the phone.
Costumer service is the same on all the carriers. You need to understand that Bell / Telus / Fido / Virgin / Public mobile / Mobilicity & the rest have the same 1 year warranty that comes with the phone. Actually Rogers does offer a Out of Warranty replacement program which offers different type of phones but with a cost & you do not need to sign another contract. Actually it is worth it if you know what you want & need before you sign the papers.... I have bought the Apple care for all the iPhone's i buy from Rogers & when my 1 year ended on my iPhone 4 my other 1 extra year got added from Apple.

Also here is more info on Apple care.

http://www.apple.com/support/products/iphone.html

garythevans
I'm Here A Lot

Apple cannot keep the phone without your permission, they have to give it back to you as you are the OWNER. I have had an iphone since it was released in the USA and never had a problem with any of them. I upgrade every time a new comes out. It is not rogers fault for the WIFI, that is a hardware problem. Apple is responsible for this in and out of warrenty. It is your decision if you want to fix it or buy another phone.
garythevans
I'm Here A Lot

The only reason you have a 3 year contract is because YOU CHOSE IT. You wanted to pay little for a phone and signed a contract, it is not illegal, stop blaming everyone else for your decisions. APPLE is the only one responsible for the iphone repairs and replacement, read your purchase agreement next time. IT CLEARLY STATES THAT.
garythevans
I'm Here A Lot

@meowmix, they apparently don't understand and don't read the purchase agreement, they chose the 3 year term, they could buy it outright or one or two year but they wanted to spend as little on a phone as possible and then blame everyone else about the problems they have cause they did not read the warrenty info etc...
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Agreed. I have met many people like this. The Agreement says you ONLY get 1 year warranty. Even the website says that & everywhere else. This 1 year warranty works ONLY at the Apple store if you have a iPhone. Apple like i said has agreements with the carriers that if you have a issue with the phone, you need to go to the Apple store & have it looked at their.

If you want extra warranty, go to the manufacture & get it.

Even if you by a outright iPhone, You still get a 1 year warranty straight from Apple, if you buy it from Apple. They ask you if you want the additional warranty for the cost of $100 which covers 1 more year right after your 1 year manufacture warranty ends.