cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Webmail Has Lost POP/Mail Forwarding Settings

pmcsplaza
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Since about midnight Eastern Time all mail has been piling up on Rogers Webmail servers for those who use their Mail Forward function.  I do as I have an intermediate mail filtering service from whence I pop all my mail.

So if anyone of you are wondering where the heck your mail is, check the webmail servers.

They're working on it.

***Edited Labels***

Peter
Toronto
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Rogers Webmail Has Lost POP/Mail Forwarding Settings

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @pmcsplaza

That's frustrating to deal with.

Have you opened a ticket on your account for this issue?

@RogersPrasana

pmcsplaza

Yes, as I stated, "They're working on it".

BTW I see that MyRogers is also having log in problems...had to make 5 attempts at this before it took.

Peter
Toronto

pmcsplaza

Still no solution, must be a major problem at Yahoo.

Lots of posts online too but little in the way of encouraging news.

Peter
Toronto

Hello, @pmcsplaza

Thank you for your patience, I was able to access the Forward mail function by switching to Basic view. Have you tried this workaround yet?

Thanks,

RogersMoin

pmcsplaza

@RogersMoin How did you do it?  I see no such option in Basic....in Advanced Mode it's still greyed out.

BTW there are posts on Yahoo forums from all over the place talking about it so I do hope that Rogers have passed the problem on to Yahoo?

I still haven't received any automated call saying the problem was fixed either, so I suspect maybe you could only see the option because you are in-house so to speak?

Peter
Toronto

pmcsplaza

To clarify,: the POP function is still there, it is the Mail Forward option that is greyed out.

I'm not alone in this, see:  https://downdetector.com/status/yahoo-mail/map/

Peter
Toronto

pmcsplaza
Still down, sheesh.
Peter
Toronto

Hello, @pmcsplaza

Thank you for testing out the Basic view, mail forward feature was visible for me but it’s not anymore.Smiley Sad

It’s true as you have anticipated we are working with Yahoo to apply the fix at the earliest. I understand the inconvenience and I sincerely appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

pmcsplaza

Thanks.  A case of "now you see it, now you don't" !!   LOL

From what I read on the various websites I've been patrolling, Yahoo are in deep do-do especially with businesses who use their services as apparently it wasn't just Mail Forwarding that was effected.

Let's hope they extricate themselves, and in the process, Rogers, very soon.

Peter
Toronto

pmcsplaza

It seemed to have been fixed overnight but it isn't.   The Forward button appeared, but mail was not being forwarded, so I clicked POP to reset the process so I could reclick the Forward one.  Mail still not being forwarded and if I refill the details and click Verfiy then Save, nothing seems to happen.

SIGH - so near, yet so far.......... !

Peter
Toronto

pmcsplaza

The odd thing is, it seems to be working intermittently and only for one of my several email addresses. of course one I hardly ever use.

But not for my main (alias for Yahoo) one or any of the other registered email addresses (5 in all).

Peter
Toronto

pmcsplaza

Can someone, anyone, at least confirm the problem is NOT yet totally fixed please? That would explain why my Mail Forwarding is only partially working. I couldn't face setting up all of my accounts again.

All my accounts are forwarding except my Yahoo.ca and its associated Rogers.com alias, the latter is my main email address so receives a lot of traffic - why would that be?

Peter
Toronto

Hello, @pmcsplaza

I can confirm your findings, the forward function is available now. However, it's not actually forwarding the mail. The support group is aware that the mail forward feature is still not functional and continue to work with Yahoo towards resolution. I'll keep this post updated as the information becomes available. I sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding.

Regards,

RogersMoin

pmcsplaza

@RogersMoin wrote:

Hello, @pmcsplaza

I can confirm your findings, the forward function is available now. However, it's not actually forwarding the mail. The support group is aware that the mail forward feature is still not functional and continue to work with Yahoo towards resolution.  I'll keep this post updated as the information becomes available. I sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding.

Regards,

RogersMoin

Thank you so much for confirming that as I was having kittens here thinking I might have to redo all my accounts....and that would be only after finding out how the heck I would do that...!

I have several email accounts that were created after my main one (that was aliased with my yahoo.ca address way back when).   Strangely enough test mails to them all forward fine, but my main/alias one does not.  I suppose from what you have said that might be a logical state of things currently.

Once again thanks so much for confirming that.

Smiley LOL

Peter
Toronto

pmcsplaza

Just got an automated call from Rogers Support saying that they are continuing to work on it.

Yahoo, being a world-wide ISP really should be making public announcements about this as I believe some of their customers, Businesses especially, are completely without email, in or out.   At least we can work around the Rogers/Yahoo outage.

I'm surprised the media hasn't caught on to this.

Peter
Toronto

pmcsplaza

OK, progress is being made.  My webmail is being forwarded now, well most of it I think.  However a copy is being left of some of them in the webmail Inbox - that never used to happen.   That obviously still needs fixing.

I see Yahoo no longer has "Forward Only" as an option, why?

Peter
Toronto

Hello, @pmcsplaza

Great observations! We have already provided the feedback to Yahoo team about the non-availability of "Forward Only" function. If I've to guess, I believe it's a cautious approach to enable one feature at a time, hope this helps.

Regards,

RogersMoin

pmcsplaza

Let's hope you're right.   In the meanwhile I'm POP-ing my mail out, less convenient but at least it works.

Thanks 😉

Peter
Toronto

pmcsplaza

Just received another automated phone call from Rogers Technical Support stating the work was ongoing and apologising for the delay.

I'm impressed.

Peter
Toronto

pmcsplaza

How To Set Up Disposable Email Address?  I Get A Blank Page

Hi,

Not sure if this is caused by a problem at Yahoo or not.   I've been trying to set up a dispoable email address (Mail > Settings > Security) and no matter what I try as a Base Name the page just goes white and everything fades, never to resolve to anything.

Has this feature been discontinued?

Peter
Toronto