Rogers WebMail Mail Forwarding Acting Up ??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Rogers WebMail Mail Forwarding Acting Up ??

I just noticed that Webmail is not storing copies of mails it forwards to another address.

I have it set up to "Store and Forward and Mark as Read" but suddenly it is forwarding and not keeping any copy.

This is bizarre in that I always preferred the old "Forward Only" setting that Yahoo removed without notice a while back - which this behaviour sort of is.   However even that setting meant that there would be a copy held in Trash.

Now no copies anywhere, but mail is being forwarded as usual.

Addendum:  On further observation, I am not too sure that all mail is getting through after all....anyone else having an issue?

Note:  People probably wont realise it if they are using a desktop mail client, so please check your webmail.

***Edited Labels***

Peter
Toronto
Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Rogers WebMail Mail Forwarding Acting Up ??

This problem has now been fixed.

Peter
Toronto

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Good Morning @pmcsplaza,

Have you tried to change the automatic forward settings to "Store and forward" to see if that setting allows you to store the forwarded emails?

You can do this by :

1. Putting your mouse over the Settings menu icon Gear Icon | select Settings.
  2. Click Accounts.
  3. Click on the Yahoo email account.
  4. Scroll down and select Forward.
  5. Enter the address you want to forward your email to and select a forwarding option: Store and forward - Email is saved to your account and sent to the forwarding address.
  6. Click Save.

Let us know if that works!

@RogersGabrielle

Highlighted

Hi Gabrielle,

Not much point trying that as the mail appears to be forwarding OK, a little delayed mind you, but nothing appearing in Webmail Inbox or Trash folders which is odd.  I.E No "Storing" going on.

Probably a Yahoo glitch.  There've been so many over the years I usually don't worry too much about them as long as the mail gets through.

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted

Gabrielle,

I did try switching between the 2 limited options we now have and it made no difference.  Test mails I sent to myself got forwarded instantly but never appear in webmail Inbox or Trash folders.

Actually, that's what I wish would happen anyway, if we had a Forward Only setting, why keep copies?.

Every other mail client in the Cloud does it and Yahoo took that facility away from us late last year.

I suspect the option to Forward Only was removed to reduce the frequency of mail retrieval requests Yahoo receives.  Personally I doubt very much if it made any difference at all.

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted

I've also tried switching off forwarding for a while....It still forwarded everything regardless.

(That doesn't matter to me but it might to someone else).

+++++ Is anyone dealing with this or should I call support? +++++

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted

Still nothing showing in any folders.  Forwarding working fine but Storing is not.  So much for "Store and Forward" 😉

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@pmcsplaza,

Thank you for trying that suggestion and letting us know what other troubleshooting you have done. We would like to take a deeper look into your issue and help get this resolved.

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check your message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersGabrielle

Highlighted

This problem has now been fixed.

Peter
Toronto

View solution in original post