Rogers Update: Android 2.1 Update for XPERIA X10

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Rogers Update: Android 2.1 Update for XPERIA X10

Android 2.1 Update for XPERIA X10 Customers now Available

The Android 2.1 operating system update for the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10  is now available. To upgrade your device, go to www.sonyericsson.com/updateservice and download Sony Ericsson’s PC companion to your desktop and follow these five steps:

How to upgrade the XPERIA X10:

1.    Before you start, back up your contacts, messages, media files, bookmarks, calendar, tasks, notes, etc.

2.    Go to www.sonyericsson.com/updateservice

3.    Select your phone – XPERIA™ X10

4.    Install and run the update by clicking on the link “Download here”

5.    Follow the instructions on your computer to connect your smartphone and update the software.

***edited labels***

I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Rogers Update: Android 2.1 Update for XPERIA X10

I thought I would expand on Eryn's post here with a bit more information that may help others updating to the X10 if everything doesn't go so smoothly.

1) There are 2 ways to update to 2.1 on your X10. 1st is via PC Companion as stated in the above post.

However, there are cases identified by SE where the software will advise the phone is on the most up to date software when it is not. If this is the case, SEUS (Sony Ericsson Update Service) will normally fix the issue. It normally comes preinstalled with PC Companion, but just incase, both download links are below. Just run the software and follow the instructions to update.

Sony Ericsson PC Companion Software
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/786/189/1288082474/Sony_Ericsson_PCCompanion_2.01.058.exe

Sony Ericsson UpdateService Application for X10
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/110/61/1288152720/Update_Service_Setup-2.10.11.10.exe

2) On top of completing a back up via "Backup and Restore", a general suggestion is to also complete a Sync with Sony Ericsson and/or Google just incase something goes wrong with Backup and Restore.

To complete a sync with SE, open PC Companion, select Sync and follow the instructions.

To complete a sync with Google, open settings on your X10, click Accounts & Sync settings and add your Google account. (the name of accounts and sync may be different with 1.6, I am referencing 2.1 menus here).

On a final note, if after all this both SEUS and PC Companion advise that there is no software to update, then you do need to just wait. Not all phones have the same "kits". Its a process that does take some time to rollout to all versions of the X10 and may still take a few days to process. Just keep trying.

Best of luck,

I've Been Around

i updated the os....the interface looks so much better. but after the upgrade the the auto brightness is disabled (i mean they removed that option completely). I can manually adjust the brightness in 3 setting. it seem to be faster but not much. I don't know if it is my internet or what, but I can't connect the phone to wifi any more (well it connected for 15 min, then it suddenly dropped it). some good some bad....I just hope they will have other updates to correct the omission they did for this update.

I'm Here A Lot

So just to confirm, we have to manually update to 2.1?  It's not "pushed"?

What about folks who don't know the update is coming?  Or if someone doesn't use the PC Companion software or have a PC with internet at home?

Just sayin'...

Because my Rogers X10 is one of the ones that thinks it has the latest software with 1.6, and I never use the software (just manually copy all my pics & videos, don't like the software myself).

So I feel a little left out for not having 2.1 yet!  I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for the phone to tell me 2.1 is ready!

I'm a Senior Contributor

Hi JackalS4,

Yes you have to manually update it. Generally the manufacturer will send notifications to phones advising a new update is available, however this time Sony Ericsson decided not to do this. Not sure why, but that would be why until you plug your phone in, you would not know of the update (unless of course you heard about it elsewhere).

I'm Here A Lot

Well that's a shame...but thanks for the very helpful reply!

Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks James!

I'm Here A Lot

Well I did the 2.1 update and so far it's fantastic.

Thanks!

Retired Moderator RogersJonathan
Retired Moderator

Hello JackalS4,

I'm glad you like it.

I've Been Around

I got the message that the update was ready but it fails no matter how I do it???????????????/

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 in conversation