cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Unlimited Internet?????

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/unlimitedinternet?cm_sp=internet-_-unlimited-internet-en-0213-_-sl...

Just got directed to this by another user in another post..

Looks like,they MAY be matching bell's unlimited internet.

Now, it has the date there.. Not sure if that means you only get unlimited, from now till then? Or you have to sign up for it, by then.
Gonna give em a call, and see what i can find out.

***edited labels***

99 REPLIES 99

Re: Rogers Unlimited Internet?????

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

when i talked to them when i signed up for it, they said it was that way, as it was a limiation in the system, that the MAX field needed a value sort of thing..

Guess they figured out how to change it 🙂

I would have still loved to see someone TRY and go over the old limit

Twam
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think that would be possible on any of the plans below 250Mbps. Even with a constant 250Mbps for a full month would be 81~TB still short of the 99TB limit. Then again if this fiber Rogers user was doing 250Mbps in both directions that would be a different story and i agree it would be something funny to see... espesially to see if Rogers really would be ok with someone using that much bandwidth.

Then again i still think it would not be worth it pricewise having to pay $220~ considering what Rogers must be paying for the bandwidth since they can get such premium fees from their upstreme providers being able to make such a large commitment.

Based on http://www.rogers.com/web/content/bundles-rogers and http://www.rogers.com/web/content/unlimitedinternet it appears they extended the promotional period from March until June.

Why it expires then I find somewhat suspicious. Maybe they are trying to drive out Teksavvy? But then they'll probably cancel unlimited at that point, so anyone lucky enough to get TS should stick with it I think.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
The expiry dates, are just cut offs for signing up. Any one who has signed up, will continue to get it after the end date (Whenever they stop extending it), unless they change their plan.

They likely are doing it to compete with TSI, as within the next bit TSI will have full coverage to all areas Rogers services.

Well, after June 30th... and looks like the unlimited addon, is GONE.

TeDD13
I'm a Trusted Contributor

It was available for four months. Now let's ser how long Rogers will honor this deal.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@TeDD13 wrote:

It was available for four months. Now let's ser how long Rogers will honor this deal.

I know.  Considering the FIRST month said only for a month, and they allowed it to be signed up for 4 months.. gave people a longer period to sign up for it.

Have checked, and they are still honoring it right now, past the expiery date.  Like you said though.. who knows how long.

USUALY i have found, that they are good at grandfathering stuff.. as long as you dont change anything.  But the ToU/ToS
pretty much says that they can change things at any time.

Twam
I Plan to Stick Around

I was worried about this too. Iv had grandfathered packaged in the past that Rogers seems to hold too but like you said their terms state otherwise. But so far so good Smiley Happy

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I had a grandfathered cellular package, for almost 6 years no changed of what it containted, etc.

Now, we see with the yearly RATE changes, that prices go up on these, even when grandfathered..  That could be the only thing.. could see the base price change as the others do as well.. but the FEATURE be the same.

I mean, worse case is, if they start messing with it, increase the cost, etc.. I'll just remove it (since there is no contract, etc tied with it).

I am guessing this sort of thing, will be one of the 'options' from the loyalty program annouced recently.

TeDD13

I remember signing up for Rogers Express package with unlimited bandwidth in 2004. Only to find it changed to 60GB/month later, however grandfathered cellular plan never changed for 6 years.

And, by the way, seems like unlimited add-on available again until July 19, 2013.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm. you are right.

THey added it back on the front main page, but not on the INTERNET section.

The link is broken though on the front page 😞 
(anyone still interested, could call in to have them add it though)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello GDkitty

I called in & they did indeed say it is until July 19th. They said the webpage is having issues & many are calling about it.

josejose
I've Been Around

i called yesterday to upgrade our internet to unlimited, they offer 61.99 less 15% discount and free modem. my first call said this is indefinte and when i called back this offer is only for 1 year.

is it indefinte or just for a year. 

TeDD13

When I changed to unlimited plan in June I double checked if Unlimited option has any time limitations. I was told that it should last forever unless I change my internet package.

So, now they are offering unlimited for just one year?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

josejose wrote:

i called yesterday to upgrade our internet to unlimited, they offer 61.99 less 15% discount and free modem. my first call said this is indefinte and when i called back this offer is only for 1 year.

is it indefinte or just for a year. 

@TeDD13 wrote:

When I changed to unlimited plan in June I double checked if Unlimited option has any time limitations. I was told that it should last forever unless I change my internet package.

So, now they are offering unlimited for just one year?

Likey no.
As that poster showes, they are getting a 15% off and free modem rental, those promo's are likely for one year only...
And the unlimited net continue on after.
Only thing i could see with that one.. is that THAT unlimited net, could be tied to the promo, so if the promo end, unlimited comes off.... then if no longer available.. your stuck not being able to add it on sort of thing.... this is a big IF.

TeDD13

Oh yes... those Rogers promos are really tricky and usually have a million conditions attached to them.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats