cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Unlimited Internet?????

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/unlimitedinternet?cm_sp=internet-_-unlimited-internet-en-0213-_-sl...

Just got directed to this by another user in another post..

Looks like,they MAY be matching bell's unlimited internet.

Now, it has the date there.. Not sure if that means you only get unlimited, from now till then? Or you have to sign up for it, by then.
Gonna give em a call, and see what i can find out.

***edited labels***

99 REPLIES 99

Re: Rogers Unlimited Internet?????

Well no hurt in trying anyways,going to speak to them today.     Smiley Tongue

Well ok they didn't give me unlimited for nothing like you said they wouldn't but I found out this Internet company offers free unlmited bandwidth no catch between the hours of 2am to 8am for all packages, yes I know still not fully unlimited but it's something at least,I will end up going to these guys when my promotion is up with Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Jayzino

That is true BUT not many are on at night thus making it not really good. This deal is only good for gamers that play games during the night if they don't work / go to school. You see, every unlimited plan has a small catch in it.

I do like the sound of the plan BUT the company which has it does not sound like it is used by many nor has amazing reviews. ( i saw the link before it got removed).

I am guessing heavy torrenters.. could set it to go over night, etc.

In the end, you have to go with what you think is best. 
Just make sure you do all your research, etc.  Like meowmix said.. another companies deal can look good on paper.. but be a total suprise afterwards with the 'catch' (IE: wind's unlimited data phans on phones.. unlimited data! woo!.. oh wait, after 5g, you are slowed down to a 256k connection.... OUCH).  make sure you find out ALL the info first.. find out how their service is, all details of all plans etc, before making any decision.

TeDD13
I'm a Trusted Contributor

This is not actually true in my case. The promotion I have is applicable to the Internet account, not a plan. When promotion ends I will just pay the full price of the internet package. Unlimited internet option is attached to the internet package (It is most likely another plan in their sustem)). if I ever decide to change a plan, I will loose unlimited Internet.

TeDD13

That's because they can still make money from you even if they give you 80% off.

luis
I've Been Around
is my 70% off for internet apply to the $30 unlimited internet option?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I THINK it might actualy.. not 100% sure, you would have to really get it an see the bill.

A friend of mine, has a similar promotion on his internet... and he said that his % off DOES come off it.

Which i belive it should one way or the other... as its not an 'add on' of $30 as a seperate line on the bill...

Say you are on a plan which is normaly $61, the line would show as $91 then....  then your promotional discount, should come off that $91

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@TeDD13 wrote:

This is not actually true in my case. The promotion I have is applicable to the Internet account, not a plan. When promotion ends I will just pay the full price of the internet package. Unlimited internet option is attached to the internet package (It is most likely another plan in their sustem)). if I ever decide to change a plan, I will loose unlimited Internet.

This part is true..

IF they remove the option to add unlimited internet (after the apr 30 date or later).. and you want to change the SPEED of your plan.. it will loose the unlimited option.

SO... if you are even considering a plan change, you are best to do it FIRST before adding the unlimited.

TeDD13

@luis wrote:

No, extra $30 are exempt from any promotion that might be on your internet plan.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@TeDD13 wrote:

@luis wrote:

No, extra $30 are exempt from any promotion that might be on your internet plan.

It may varry from discount promotion to promotion.

the extra $30 does not show up as an extra $30, it shows up as part of your main ineternet plan (just costs then $30 more than normal).. so it should apply.

A friend of mine with a discount on his, says it DOES for him.

TeDD13

@Gdkitty wrote:

@TeDD13 wrote:

@luis wrote:

It may varry from discount promotion to promotion.

the extra $30 does not show up as an extra $30, it shows up as part of your main ineternet plan (just costs then $30 more than normal).. so it should apply.

A friend of mine with a discount on his, says it DOES for him.

Yes, in my case my discount applies only to the Internet Plan. Here is my example:

I just upgraded to the Extreme Plus ($74.99) plus Unlimited Add-on ($30) = $104.99

On the Bill it shows as follows:

Hi-Speed Extreme Plus Unlimited - $104.99

70% multi-product discount -  -$52.50 (which is 70% from $74.99, not $104.99).

And the bill is exactly how I was told it will be.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Huh.. my friends says it shows..

May depend, on the promotion, or when the promotion was applied. 

He got his promotion pretty much at the same time.. so it MAY appy to his, vs an exisiting one, only applies to what was on the plan from before.

Still, your getting extreeme for $50 odd? Thats pretty sweet 😄

jays77
Wow! That's a good discount. It is deals like that which make me think they should be ale to give the $10.00 unlimited bandwidth to anyone who is paying the full price of their internet plan regardless of bundles or level of plan. If they can afford to hand out 30% - 40% discounts they should be able to bend o a bit for those who have no set contract and pay the full shot.

TeDD13
I am actually fine cause I used to get old Ultimate for $29.99 and now I am getting Extreme Plus Unlimited for $52 🙂

Twam
I Plan to Stick Around

Smiley Surprised 70% Discount !?

Man I wish I had your social engineering skills.

RogersRavi
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi All,

Please stay on topic as the conversation is steering to be non technical. 

TeDD13

@Twam wrote:

Smiley Surprised 70% Discount !?

Man I wish I had your social engineering skills.

When you pay $500-$600 a month to Rogers for a lot of services (multiple services on multiple accounts), one big discount on one product is not that big of a deal 🙂

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Since its past the April 30th timeframe, was curious if they had removed the offer or not.

Nope.  Its been updated.. current 'cutt off' date is June 30th.

Interesting update.

Usage page no longer shows 999tb, but unlimited 🙂

Twam
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah i noticed that as well, it used to show a limit of 9999999GB and now it just says 'Unlimited".

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats