Rogers Treating Seniors Badly

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Rogers Treating Seniors Badly

Rogers charging seniors $2.00 plus tax for a paper invoice is not right. Many seniors have only analog cable Tv. No internet and no computer (and no knowledge how to use them) and depend on their bill arriving in the mail monthly so themselves or their caregiver can take it to the bank for payment ON TIME.

For Rogers to take an extra $2.00 from 80 and 90 year old long time customers, living on a fixed income, is poor judgment. It's these very seniors that helped support Rogers, in years gone by, enabling it to become what it is today.

Rogers needs to rethink their paper invoice policy

***edited labels***

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Rogers Treating Seniors Badly

well everyone has to pay that fee. but I agree if you're over 65 they shouldn't be charging it.

I'm an Advisor

Seems like a reasonable point. I'm a senior and pay absolutely nothing for banking services, for instance. No service charges or fees for anything. I don't pay Rogers $2 because I've been paying online since they introduced the option many years ago. I hate writing cheques and/or paying bills via mail.

I Plan to Stick Around

They do that for 'the environment' hahahahahahahahahahahaha
the millions of dollars is just a bonus

I'm a Senior Contributor

It was announced in the Throne Speech yesterday. The paper invoice fee will soon be illegal. The federal government will direct the CRTC to BAN this practice. It is deemed offensive by the vast majority of Canadians.

---------------------------------------------

Update

To align with the Government decision requiring all carriers to eliminate the paper billing fee, Rogers has eliminated the paper billing fee as of December 17, 2014.

---------------------------------------------

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
I Plan to Stick Around

If a senior or someone without internet available to them calls Rogers and tells them that, Roger's will waive the fee. It may have to go to a manager, but they will waive it.