So I have a few issues here, maybe someone can shed some light on. I'll keep it simple.
1. We just moved. When I called in I created a work order to have our internet/cable tv moved and installed. I also cancelled my existing phone line, and was told to bring the phone box for the tech to pickup.
2. When the tech arrived he was going to install phone, and clearly he was not given proper instructions, and he would not take our phone box. (whatever not a big deal)
3. It's a new house, and coax is not in one of our bedrooms. Just the master, so he was only able to install the cable on the main floor living room (netbox) and in the master. So were stuck with a digital adapter and no cable in a room that is occupied and we need it. We were told they do not fish or add coax jacks. Now this struck a nerve because a year ago I had a rogers tech come install coax and I myself helped him drill a hole in my closet upstairs and helped him fish the coax to the basement switch. Ive been with rogers 20 years and have always had rogers fish wires and drill holes. Now Im paying for a service and they wont do this anymore??? I called some local electric guys and they want an arm and a leg for this, this is unacceptable.
4. The netbox that was installed in the living room doesnt even work, it says PEND and was working totally fine the previous day at the old house, the tech said too bad its a dead box and pretty much just left us without options. So i called in and arranged for another tech to come tomorrow. Who knows what the heck hes going to do, but were going on a week now with no tv. And we own the current netbox that i negotiated a year ago when i was going to cancel due to poor service. Now all of a sudden we move and the box doesnt work anymore? (did rogers fry it?) knowing that well need to rent another box in order to get cable (and thus line their pocket again with rental fees?) This is not sitting well with me, and im not sure whats going on here, but if the tech cant give us cable tomorrow, I'll be cancelling rogers and going with another provider for sure. This is totally unprofessional way to handle clients of over 20 years. I've spent a lot of money with rogers and to do deal with this headache and having to be home for 2 technicians and still not have services we pay for is completely unacceptable.
Good morning @Blazzay!
Welcome to our Community!
I am sorry to hear that this install did not go smoothly. Ideally, we always want to get it right on the first install attempt but sometimes we do have to send a followup tech.
PEND does not necessarily mean the box is fried, though that is a possibility here. It could indicate a signal issue. If there is a signal issue present, the tech today should absolutely be able to resolve this.
As far as fishing goes, we do not officially offer it as a service. Our techs may be able to drill from the outside and run along the outside walls in some situations but we don't offer wire management to keep it tidy. If we bring a new cable into the home after drilling in from the outside, we typically run it along the baseboards to the desired location. If you want it run through the walls where the cable can't be seen and a brand new outlet installed, a contractor experienced in fishing is the best person for this job.
Fishing can sometimes be a long and complicated ordeal which is not without its dangers. If we drill through a floor and your house is designed with fire compartmentation in mind, we may be putting your safety at risk by damaging the integrity of the home. If we knick a wire or pipe, damage could occur that is not within our techs skillsets to resolve.
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding your Rogers services, please don't hesitate to PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.
Sounds like it was partially a bad/lazy rogers tech.
It is possible during the move, that the box failed, etc.
But as mentioned.. it sounds like the tech maybe didn't CHECK The signal levels at all the endpoint locations.
With bad signals, the box wont boot.
As for the wiring... I have been with rogers since with my parrents, since the 80s and now myself since living on my own.
And in all that time, have NEVER had a tech do any wiring. Any time I have asked, the techs have said outright NO or like mentioned above, only do the most basic (along baseboards, outside and in through that way).
None of the companies will do this. Bell wont run phone lines, etc.
3. It's the homeowner's responsibility to have coax run to the various locations where cable is desired. Sometimes a tech may run some cable to another location if it's not too much work and he's not pressed for time.
4. PEnd usually indicates a poor signal to the home/neighbourhood or box. The new tech should be able to check the signal in your home and neighbourhood. You can also call Rogers and have them check the signal remotely, or check it yourself (if you can get one box in the home to boot). See the following post on the topic of signal. It's rarely a problem with the box itself.