Rogers TV Home Edition App problems Error GENERAL_FAILURE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers TV Home Edition App problems Error GENERAL_FAILURE

Hello all - I have my two nextboxes that I just recently downgraded to the old menus.

Since then, I have had problems trying to get my rogers TV app to record from my iphone.  I keep getting the following error:

Error GENERAL_FAILURE

I have tried unplugging my nextbox PVRs, but it doesn't work.

What gives.  Really need my app to work!

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers TV Home Edition App problems Error GENERAL_FAILURE

I am guessing its somehow still connected to the OLD one some how (they are likely identified differently).

Are you able to get into the app at all? or does the general failure start while loging in and cant go anywhere?

First thing i would try, is delete the app and all data associated with it.  Hopefuly when you re add it, it will poll and try and re-connect then at that time.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Is the app even able to access a Nextbox with the old SARA  software??? 

I know it can access 8300's, but does it work with Nextboxes without the new software?  Might be something to call Cust Service about of the app reinstall doesn't work.

I'm an Advisor

I have an 8300HD PVR and the app is working fine on my iPhone. The only issue I have is I don't know how to force the guide to go to a certain channel. It always starts at channel 1 and I have to scroll like mad to get to channels up in the 550 plus area, which is mostly where I do all my recordings. I can change the channel on the box using the virtual remote and that works fine, but it doesn't change the guide in the app, which I find very strange.

I Plan to Stick Around

i can get into the app and navigate...but have a -1 beside my two receivers Smiley Sad

reinstalling and installing again.

otherwise, calling Rogers will be a lost cause, i suspect...

UPDATE: Reinstalling the app didn't work.... this really sucks.  I need the app to work.  But not enough to go back to the old menu...now what....

I'm a Senior Advisor

Iife is all about trade-offs.  Don't like the new guide? Fine...but you lose whole home, remote access, and other Nextbox perks....

I've Been Here Awhile

I am also getting this same error.

I'm able to login to the app, see what shows I have on my PVR, but if I attempt to record a program, I get "GENERAL_FAILURE Service not available, please try again later.

This is REALLY frustrating.  Any assistance?

I Plan to Stick Around

My android phone has Lollipop.  I don't know if this is related or not but I cannot log into the Rogers TV Home Edition App using my credentials from Rogers.com. 

Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Thanks!

N

I Plan to Stick Around

So anyways...at least in the meantime the workaround is to log into My Rogers and access the PVRs via this portal to record programmes.

Works on a desktop computer and the phone.

Cheers!

I've Been Here Awhile

I actually just switched to android from iPhone and now I'm having the same problem. Did you find a solution?