Rogers Seriously Messed Up My Bill [Rogers Staff Please Read] [ Serious Issue ]

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers Seriously Messed Up My Bill [Rogers Staff Please Read] [ Serious Issue ]

Hello,

I'd like to explain why I'm creating this thread.

On September 24 2011 ( I belive it was the 24th ) a Rogers agent came to my Door advertising the Rogers Digital Trial Pack which is around $11.50 including taxes and fees every month, for 1 year.

So I went along with this promotion becuase I didn't have Cable TV / Sattelite at the time.

Anyways So I signed up and the technician came and installed everything the same day. (Excellent Service same day instalation).

Few days later I receive my new Invoice.

It's over $200+

Why?

Because I got charged for Basic Cable

Partial charges
     Sep 24 - Oct 04          Basic Cable    11.75    
              Digital Services Fee    1.08    
     Sep 30 - Oct 04          Super Channel    2.63    
               Savings: Free Super Channel - 2 Mths- ends Nov    -2.63    

Regular charges
     Oct 05 - Nov 04          Basic Cable    32.49    
               Super Channel    15.99    
               Savings: Free Super Channel - 2 Mths- ends Nov    -15.99    

Digital Services Fee    2.99    
     Other charges and credits
     Sep 24          Digital Terminal Purchase    99.00    
               CRTC LPIF Fee    2.21    
     Total before taxes:    $149.52    
     HST (862395381 RT0001)    19.44    
     Total for Cable TV:    $168.96    

On top of that a $49.99 Technician Installation fee.

the Digital Trial pack clearly states that there is no TECHNICIAN INSTALLATION FEE, the digital service fee / CRTC fee is included in the advertised price.

And the terminal is free.

I've called Customer Service over 20 times regarding this issue since my bill and they all say they can't do anything and file a ticket to the head office.

The head office guy call's and just tells me to call customer service.

I would really like this issue to be looked into because this is simply not fair.

It is not my fault, It was the fault of the guy who activated my Cable TV Service and made a mistake when he chose my TV Plan.

He picked Basic CAble Tv Instead of Digital Trial pack. I really don't know how you make that mistake.

But I feel that Rogers should eitehr

A) Change my plan to Digital Trial Pack and credit back to my accoutn all those extra charges

B) Terminate my service and not charge any cancellation fee's because this is clearly not my fault

Thank you for Reading this post.

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Seriously Messed Up My Bill [Rogers Staff Please Read] [ Serious Issue ]

wait till someone from rogers social media team contacts you on here, or if you want write a letter to the Rogers Office Of The President. You can easily find the address by doing a google search or even i think someone posted it on here too.

they will handle your complaints and theyre pretty good at it too, they like to make sure your mistakes are corrected

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Rogers Seriously Messed Up My Bill [Rogers Staff Please Read] [ Serious Issue ]

I'm not sure on the deal you signed but I do know that you must get basic cable to have rogers. It's some stupid CRTC rule that certain channels must be included etc...

If the issue is not resolved call back and ask to cancel your service. Then sign up for the package you want.. But to me it doesn't make sense that they won't or can't get the deal you were offered setup properly...
I'm Here A Lot

This was the Deal I signed up for http://www.orderrogers.ca/dtv/

But I did not order that online. Did it over the phone.

I'm a Senior Advisor

It doesn't say it anywhere but it looks like the deal is to upgrade to digital from analogue... I couldn't see that anywhere on the site though.. The '*' by the price makes me wonder but I could not find anything in the full details or terms about what it is for..

Since you didn't have basic already they added that and charged for the install..

Not really sure what is going on.. But I would call to cancel then try again...
I'm a Senior Advisor

Also reading that install should have been free and included all fees....
I'm Here A Lot

"LOSING YOUR OVER-THE-AIR SIGNAL DOESN'T MEAN SAYING GOODBYE TO TV."

This deal was avaliable to everyone that currently does not have CABLE TV.

The deal Expired on sept 31, I signed up on sept 24.

Got my bill October 4.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yep makes sense to me after reading that. They screwed up.
I'm Here A Lot

Are you a Rogers Employee? Your name's purple. Just noticed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

my names purple too, were not employees were just very knowledged contributors