Rogers Sending texts to valued costumers for iphone 5.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Rogers Sending texts to valued costumers for iphone 5.

So as Apple is ready to announce the new iPhones. Rogers has been sending out text messages about recerving the new ones.. CAn someone confirm this? If Rogers is really doing this, then why not come out & say they are getting it & which model.

As i can see the pictures are not doctored ( are not photoshopped) Is anyone else getting this text? Just wondering.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/09/24/rogers-sends-text-to-valued-customers-about-how-they-could-be-firs...

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/iphone-news/rogers-speculates-next-iphone-coming-soon-by-sending-out-sm...

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Sending texts to valued costumers for iphone 5.

I also got a text from Rogers asking if I would like to be able to reserve the new iPhone once it is released. It seemed pretty vague as for details, but I am excited to get my hands on the new iPhone so I signed up.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Weird i never got the text tho. I am guessing those vaule costumers are people that pay more then 100 a month or people that have been with rogers for more then 10 years? Been with Rogers for 7 years & pay about 90 a month for my phone bill, here & there i missed a few but always pay the amount i am supposed to, yet never got the text. Seems to me they only want a few people to know?

I Plan to Stick Around

does anyone know when/how to get on the preorder list? I never got this text from Rogers either.

I read somewhere that it may start as early as today (Sept 30) but I don't see anything on the Rogers website.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I just called & talked to 6 different people ( including 2 managers) & they all told me the pre order list & the reservation list was taken down due to high pre orders. Only a selected people got to pre order the new iphone. I find this pretty stupid since all these people will have to wait at home or by pass the line while we are waiting outisde in the cold for this phone.

They said once the iphone gets announce thats when they might put something up.

I've Been Around

If you read the text fully, there is no reservation list available at this time.  What it is, is asking you if you would like be notified of the ability to reserve the new phone once it is announced.  There is no pre-reservation list as of this moment.  But **bleep** straight as soon as I get the text saying it is on the the site for reservation, that I am going to be there making mine.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes but when i talked to 6 different costumer sales reps ( inculiding managers) they told me they took down the pre orders due to high volumes of pre orders. Only a selected costumers got the text msg which i find odd.
I have been with rogers for over 7 years & bought almost 20 phones within that tme with Rogers & my bill each month is over 300$ ( 2 cellphone lines, cable  & internet plus home phone) SO why did i nor most of us not get the text msg.

I've Been Here Awhile

I work for Rogers iPhone Technical Support and I can confirm the texts were at least sent out. I can also confirm the phone should probably be available for reservation again soon.

Some people got text messages with a link about our new resetvation system, and it was more or less first come first serve. Some people did get to reserve some, but shortly after the product was removed from the reservation list and last I heard there's just a new BlackBerry available for reservation. They couldn't release which name exactly it will be, since that information hasn't been fully provided by Apple yet. It's just simply known right now as "the new iPhone".

The run-around from the customer service agents was just because the training for our reservation system and the new phone just came out a matter of days ago and before people even got trained the pre-order/reservation got taken down due to the high demand (I suspect).

Hope this clears some stuff up for some people, thought I'd register just so I could give my 2 cents.

I Plan to Stick Around

I just checked my Rogers page, and nothing to reserve the iPhone 4S.

I've Been Around

I recieved a msg from rogers yesturday saying " ROGER SVR MSG : RESERVE THE NEW IPHONE ON OCTOBER 7TH! BECAUSE YOU'RE A VALUED CUSTOMER WE'D LIKE TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO RESERVE THE NRE IPHONE ONLINE THROUGH ROGERS RESERVATION SYSTEM ON OCTOBER 7TH! ON THAT DAY SIGN INTO YOUR ROGERS ACCOUNT CLICK DEVICE RESERVATION ETC ETC