cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Samsung Galaxy S3 Firmware Update Sept 04/2012

nToxik
I Plan to Stick Around

I just noticed this morning that my Samsung GS3 has a firmware update ready to install.

Anyone know what this firmware upgrades/changes?

****Edited Labels****

34 REPLIES 34

Re: Rogers Samsung Galaxy S3 Firmware Update Sept 04/2012

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Once you connected the phone to your computer, did you open up Samsung Kies?

If so did it not pop up anything? My Kies needed a update before giving me the firmware update for my phone. It could be that Kies needs to be updated before the update gets pushed out.

Some have gotten the update via OTA but some of us need to get it from the Kies. Also some are reporting they did not get the update yet. This could be due to regions & Cities.

nToxik
I Plan to Stick Around

I updated both my S3 phones OTA with no problems.

Wazzy24
I've Been Here Awhile

I have noticed I have an "N" hovering over my Software Update shortcut, but everytime I click on it, it says no updated available.  Why is this, and how do I get it to update?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
There is 2 options on getting the update.

1. Doing it over OTA if it came to you.

2 . Some will need to plug the phone via USB on the computer & open up KIES & it will show the update their if you do NOT get the update via OTA. Some have also reported that you need to download the new update for KIES in order to get the update. Once you open Samsung Kies it will show you.

logidev
I've Been Around

Does this update also address the signal issues most people are experiencing with the s3?