cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Samsung Galaxy S3 Firmware Update Sept 04/2012

nToxik
I Plan to Stick Around

I just noticed this morning that my Samsung GS3 has a firmware update ready to install.

Anyone know what this firmware upgrades/changes?

****Edited Labels****

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Samsung Galaxy S3 Firmware Update Sept 04/2012

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

The firmware update was sent out to every single S3 on every carrier in Canada. Some will need to plug the phone via USB on the computer & open up KIES & it will show the update their if you do NOT get the update via OTA.

It gives you “improved stability”, bug fixes, better battery life and you can now adjust the screen brightness from the drop down menu. No need to go into settings for this anymore. The change the little something in the Text messaging part as well. When you wanted to send a text message, the send & the attach bottun would be both in 1 place on the right side. Now they moved the Attach icon on the left & keeped the Send where it was. Great things overall. This is NOT JB 4.1. Its still on 4.0.4, just a little firmware update fixing things.

I suggest installing it. It does help

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

The firmware update was sent out to every single S3 on every carrier in Canada. Some will need to plug the phone via USB on the computer & open up KIES & it will show the update their if you do NOT get the update via OTA.

It gives you “improved stability”, bug fixes, better battery life and you can now adjust the screen brightness from the drop down menu. No need to go into settings for this anymore. The change the little something in the Text messaging part as well. When you wanted to send a text message, the send & the attach bottun would be both in 1 place on the right side. Now they moved the Attach icon on the left & keeped the Send where it was. Great things overall. This is NOT JB 4.1. Its still on 4.0.4, just a little firmware update fixing things.

I suggest installing it. It does help

View solution in original post

nToxik
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks.

Yeah over on XDA, they also mention some upgrades to the modem for better speed/reliability as well as some changes to the stock music widget and a slight change to the stock text app. I haven't downloaded yet but it looks like some decent fixes.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
You are welcome. Yea i was reading their thread as well about that too. It seems pretty neat they did this for us.

dfk
I've Been Here Awhile

So I heard that rogers has released new firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S III. However when I try to update my phone it says "there is no update available". Has anyone else had this problem? I even tried to connect my phone to my computer and still nothing.