Rogers Samsung Galaxy S3 Firmware Update Sept 04/2012

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Samsung Galaxy S3 Firmware Update Sept 04/2012

This update made my phone die faster. Was just streaming music. For a few hours. The but was doing this recently and it didn't die.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I have not noticed any battery drain BUT i have read it is happening after this update. Hopefully with JB coming out soon, it may fix it.
I Plan to Stick Around

I hope so. I noticed it's a lot harder to swipe to unlock as well. This case might be unique to my handset alone. 

Prior to this update I've experienced the display kinda being glitchy or flickering, primarily during text messaging. Anyone know what the problem is? is it a hardware issue I should bring back for warranty or is it software based.

I've Been Around

I have also noticed shorter bttery life and my lock screen is harder to swipe too.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Battery drain here seems a lot worse than the previous build. Signal strength seems a bit better,and so far no sim invalid errors like I used to get.
I've Been Here Awhile

My email started to crash after this update.   I have 2 different exchange accounts and 3 POP3 accounts.    The POP3 accounts are fine but the exchange accounts will crash.    All I have to do is read open and close email repeatly.    I don't think this is a server side issue because the 2 exchange accounts belong to different companies.

Is anyone out there experiencing the same?

I'm Here A Lot

I am having the same problem after the update.  POP works fine, Exchange email really sluggish and crashes.  The only work around I found (not perfect) is to change the sync email to 1 month instead of all.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Have you tried to factory reset the phone & see if it works after that? Back up the phone with Kies & then do it.
I'm Here A Lot

done and done and it didnt help

I Plan to Stick Around

low battery after update here too...before update easily got a full day out of it with battery to spare, after update i am lucky to get 8-9 hrs out of it (just like my s2 lte 😞 )  I hope the upcoming jelly bean update corrects the issue.  its def. a software issue, and not hardware, which can be fixed!

I am a Rogers employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Rogers mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Rogers ou d’une société de son groupe.