Rogers STIFFS NHL Center Ice Customers - NO GAMECENTER LIVE PROMOTION CODE THIS YEAR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers STIFFS NHL Center Ice Customers - NO GAMECENTER LIVE PROMOTION CODE THIS YEAR

Well, I have sent 3 emails last week to nhlgci@rci.rogers.com asking for an NHL Gamecenter Live Promotion code as I do every year since we subscribe to Super Sports Pack, and after no replies and run around from CSRs, I finally got a reply from our friend Michael in this forum:

"

We've been told that we will not be providing those codes this year.   I will let you know if things change, but as it stands right now, it's a no-go.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news."

So, there you go...more cheapskate tactics from a multi-billion dollar company..

The beat goes on.

Good riddance.

***Edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers STIFFS NHL Center Ice Customers - NO GAMECENTER LIVE PROMOTION CODE THIS YEAR

In the past how has to worked?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers STIFFS NHL Center Ice Customers - NO GAMECENTER LIVE PROMOTION CODE THIS YEAR

Doesnt seem any of the competition is givng them out either, at least what i can see.

May be center ice themselves, wanting people to buy it from the directly instead.

I'm Here A Lot

What???

When I signed up I specifically asked about the code and they said yes, it would be sent.

I saw in another thread that the codes were being readied and being sent out this week.  What is the truth about this Rogers?  How come more of the rep aren't informed about the actual product that is being offered???

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In years past, my understanding is thats how it was.. it MAY be that the reps were assuming that it would be done the same and therefor saying yes.

thats the BIGGEST beef i have with rogers.. is the poor communication, INTERNALY, of information on things like this.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm the original poster who went through **bleep** and back to get a code last year.  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Bell has been routinely giving this in the past but for some reason, Rogers doesn't.

I find it amusing that the webmaster put my issue at "resolved" and pointed to a post that occured a few days later saying that the problem would be looked into.

Only when I took the problem to the ombusman, did I hear from a Manager, after which I received a code 4 months later.

now that was all last year...

what happens this year???  Who knows....

ps. Sorry, RogersMichaelIT if you are still around that you have to deal with this...you're a good person and reached out to me personally last year, even though there wasn't much that you can do - very appreciated, and probably the only reason I'm still with Rogers.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, that was my post last week and that's what I was told by one CSR - that they were behind in emailing the codes and that I should get mine by last Friday. As Gdkitty noted below, POOR COMMUNICATION.
I'm Here A Lot

Does Rogers have no idea what is happening within their own organisation?  You promise a customer something, they pay for it, and you come out afterwards and "oh, that's not available".  Their are laws in this country involving bait and switch that your employees should be made aware of and as a larger corporation you should already know.  If anyone within Rogers would like to respond, I would be happy to hear their response.  Nobody from Rogers seems to respond to direct questions once the money has been collected.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your likely not to get a response here from a rep... as well they had no part in a particular conversation, so cant say for or against what did happen Smiley Sad

And just for clairifications, its not a bait and switch.  Bait and switch, would be "buy this product for $50... oh wait, we dont have that, but you can get this similar one for $100 instead".. bait with the cheap product, dont have it, and upsell them to another.

You are more thinking of false advertising.. of promicing a feature/price, then not sticking to that.  Which there are laws for as well.
The part i am not sure on, is how much they can apply to VERBAL... most of the stuff i have read on it, mostly applies to stuff in PRINT. Smiley Sad

But i 100% agree... its the people in the organization, the lower end CS/Sales, etc people.. the FIRST LINE with who we talk to, do not have any clue most of the time Smiley Sad

I think most of the time, they just say what they want, just to either A) make you happy at the time B) to get you off the phone...  If you dont know the answer to the question... FIND OUT... or just say  I DONT HAVE THAT INFO.

In the case of this promotion..  IF the gamecenter live passes were part of it.. it should say that on their promotion info.  If it DOESNT say it there.. regarless of past years, etc.. the rep SHOULD NOT be saying they are included, will come, etc.. unless they specificaly find that infomation out.

Retired Moderator Rogers_Kate
Retired Moderator

Hi All,

NHL GameCenter Live is no longer available via Rogers. You can purchase this service directly from the NHL here:

https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/secure/gclsignup

Thanks,

Rogers_Kate