Rogers Rocket Hub Speeds

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Rocket Hub Speeds

Over the last 2 week I have noticed that my rogers rocket hub speeds are failing fast.   I was getting in excess of 5000 kb download and over 2000 speed up prior.  Now I am lucky to see speeds at 1000 down and 23 up.   I am not alone as I have read posts on other sites having these same issues.  A phone call to tech support ended with being told the system is overloaded. Okay so what is Rogers doing about this?    Tonight I did a speed test again and down was 592 Kbps  and up 45 Kpbs.  Come on folks I  had dial up once.   I unplugged my hub for the last three days and just got in to find these speeds.   

I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Rogers Rocket Hub Speeds

Are you getting these speeds from doing a speed test like the one found on Rogers website or are you referring to p2p download speeds you see on your torrent?

I'm a Senior Contributor

Oops, thats an old link. Try this link instead.

I Plan to Stick Around

I used Rogers site for speed test.

I used speedtest.net.

I used Bell site for speed test.

All came within a few numbers of each other.  

I'm a Senior Contributor

Ok. Most of the reported issues on here are due to Rogers throttling upload speeds with torrent downloads, which doesn't sound like your issue.

Now, in your first post, you reported you used to get an upload speed of 2mb/s. Thats a bit high, then you said "23". I don't know what this relates too.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of one of your speed tests?

Also, is this constant at this low speed or does it seem to slow down at specifc times of day?
I Plan to Stick Around

I just test this at 717PM S/W Ontario.   My speeds were usually quicker in the evening but that has changed obviously.   

http://www.speedtest.net/result/995669942.png

I'm a Senior Contributor

Wow, ok that makes more sense. Your speeds are far lower than they should be.

We do have some fluxuation with speeds, but thats a bit extreme. I would suggest calling 1-866-894-9955 and explaining your issue to them. This is the direct line to our rocket hub technical support. Now that your speeds are this low, they should be able to run a few tests to figure out whats causing it. One thing to note, they close at 8pm EST.
I'm Here A Lot

ret4149 were you able to get this resolved?  I have been experiencing the same really slow speeds over the past week or so.  I am about 2kms from the tower and have an external antenna mounted 75feet in the air with a full 5 bars on the rocket hub.  It has been dropping lately especially in the evenings (it is the hub as the 5 bars disappear for a minute and then reappear) and is really slow typically even below the speed you show in your speedtest (which coincidently Hamilton is my default server it tests against as well). I would like to try and get this resolved as right now I am doing a 2 month trial on the hub.  Thanks for any advice.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Did you need to put an antenna on your unit?   I'm 7 miles away and get 4 bars.   This morning at 5 am  my speeds were 4.33 Mb/s Down and 1.29 Mb/s up,  just checked again at 1050 am  and 2.4 Mb/s down and .57 Mb/s up.   It appears as the day wears on the speeds fall off.   This has got be system overload.   I was told to call Tech support but I did that days ago and got hung up on and eventually told by the thrid Tech the system is overloaded.   I am now recording daily speed checks and will call Tech back with my findings.   

One thing I did was replace my wireless board in my desktop.   Now I have an N wireless board instead of a G and the pc has never dropped a connection going on two weeks now where as before it was dropping 3 and 4 times a day.   

This problem is Rogers related and it's going to be an overloaded system in my mind.    I read somewhere these rocket hubs give preference to telephone signals over the internet so there may be merit to that comment.  

I'm Here A Lot

I did need to put up an antenna as I'm at the bottom of a hill and the signal was 2 bars sometimes only 1.  With the antenna it is always full bars...that is until it drops the connection.  I have my desktop hardwired in to the hub so the wireless wouldn't be the issue. It actually appears that the hub is dropping the connection as there are no bars for 1-2min.  I agree that for the speed it seems to be system overload as it gets worse throughout the day like you mentioned and is the worst for me anyways around 7:00-9:30pm.