Rogers Rocket Hub Speeds

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: Rogers Rocket Hub Speeds

@xplornetsucks

Thanks for helping out!

89stang
I Plan to Stick Around

I live in Wainfleet(southern 1/2 hour west of Fort Erie)Ontario. I have the w35 router. I live within 2 kms of the tower and always have a full 3g+ signal. My speeds when I purchased this last dec. were consistanly 4-5 mbps down. 1-1.5 up. Over the past few months they have consistanly gotten much slower. Last night around 9pm I was getting 660kbps down 38kbps up. Very comparable to dial up. I have called rogers umpteen times about this and nothing is ever resolved besides resetting the unit all the time which doesn't help. I personally know 6 people in the neighbourhood with the exact same problem. Some of the people I know on it have to reset their routers(w35) 10 times per day because of disconnects which actually causes their phone line on the hub to stop working until it is reset. A major pain and nucense.

A couple of months ago I tried the Telus smarthub which is very similar to the ericsson w35(not as pretty though) and I consistanly get 5-7 mbps down and 2-4 mbps up with no problems and less lag.

If rogers is not going to do something about these issues shortly, I am considering seeing a lawyer about getting my friends and I off of the contract. I have personally never had an issue with rogers, but these speeds and the bills we are paying are almost as bad as being on dial-up.

89stang
I Plan to Stick Around

Just one more little rant. When I first had the rocket hub I used it for gaming online with my PS3. As of late that would be impossible.

With the telus smarthub I have no issues so far.(its been 6 months)

xplornetsucks
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

Glad it is working emma...one other thing I should mention to all netcomm owners is to go and by a UPS battery back up system. Since I noticed you had voice, so do I.. when the power goes out so does your phone!!!!

Apparently costco has a good deal on these , but here is a link to some available from the source

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/category.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=UPS&MSCSProfile=...

ret4149
I Plan to Stick Around

An update.   Kept track of speeds and after one day  of bad speeds they returned to somewhat normal.   The usual high speeds in the early mornings and gradual slow down with .23 to .34 as up speeds during the day with a slight increase in the evenings.   This morning speeds were 4100 kbps down and 2100 kbps up.   Only problem now is I have been kicked off the hub twice in 20 minutes. It comes back on its own but why does it kick the pc's off?    I also have a 2nd laptop running to monitor the drops and both the pc and lap went off line at the same time so I know it's not my equipment.  Just puzzling!

xplornetsucks
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

I have posted a "FIX" to stop the routers from roaming into 2G towers ( netcomm routers only).. and am currently looking for something that will allow the  "locking" into a tower and stop the stationary unit from roaming... I own a netcomm router and will probably have to pay for a call to Austrailia to talk to someone to get a fix.. will keep you posted. The drop in speeds, drastic seem to be the router locking into a edge tower.. but why these stationary routers roam is for ROGERS to answer... my quest is the lock to a tower.. whether through a YAGI antenna or through firmware

ret4149
I Plan to Stick Around

There is software update for the Ericsson I have read about BUT once you install it you can no longer log into your hub.  So I don't recommend installing that as a fix for now.   In my case I have gone hardwire from desktop pc to hub just to see if that computer will quit disconnecting.   So far I have only had one disconnect while doing this and I don't know if it was pc or hub.   The speeds are continuing to be all over the place as I previously posted.   

Good luck with finding your fix.   

hjosee265
I've Been Here Awhile

Same thing for me can not change the settings on the w35Smiley Mad

Tycoon
I'm Here A Lot

Okay here are some of my results over the past few days.  The hub is presently in my unheated garage and with the cooler weather the connection does seem to be more stable...not as many dropped connections.  The check boxes to tell the hub to only connect to a 3G network at a certain frequency are grayed out when the hub is connected to a tower.  For me to be able to select the check boxes I had to disconnect from a tower (pull out the sim card, or tell the router to disconnect) and then the boxes were selectable. 

@89stang

Ironically I live in Wainfleet as well so it sounds like it is more of a network traffic issue than anything else for the speed.

rwderry
I've Been Around

I live in the Maples area of Winnipeg, and use a Rogers Rocket Hub modem to connect to the internet. During the day, I am very satisfied with the connectivity and speed. At night, however after 2200 hrs, it slows right down. During the time periods between 2200-0100 hrs it can be frustrating waiting for a page to load. Rogers is aware of this program, and their technical staff are working  dilligently with me to rectify this issue.