Rogers Remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Remote

I have a Samsung TV, and we lost the remote that came with it. Is it possible to program a Rogers remote to control the channels? We have basic cable, no Rogers box.

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Remote

Technicaly, yes.. at least for BASIC functions... most likely.

You would have to try it really.. as some TVs it doesnt like to work with sometimes.

You would have to obtain say a used remote from someone.. as you cant buy them seperately.

(though currently with no box at all.. you are still on analog.  Eventually, ALL analog channels will be removed (there are quite a number gone already).  You will have to look at getting a digital box (rental, buy, new/used, etc), or at MIN, one of the FREE DTA's from rogers)

I've Been Here Awhile

I already have a Rogers remote. How do I do it?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Go to this page

http://www.urcsupport.com/index.php?mso_id=225

Choose the remote you have.

Then there should be instructions there.. as well as a look up for the possible correct code for your TV itself, etc.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I have a Samsung Smart TV and use both remotes, but opted out of letting the Samsung one control the PVR. The Rogers remote is much more ergonomic. You will never get one remote to cover all the functions of the other one. But have a look on eBay. THere are a lot of inexpensive Samsung remotes there.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

You will never get one remote to cover all the functions of the other one.

....unless you have a Harmony.

They are fantastic.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, the Harmony. You can solve most problems if you can afford to throw enough money at them. Smiley Tongue

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Actually the rogers remote CAN do a lot of things its just highly UNDOCUMENTED and requires research.  I have discovered how to program my rogers remote to do more "ADVANCED" functions of my TV set and other devices such as Blue Ray player, etc.  It got to the point where I can even Eject my Blue Ray Disc using the Rogers remote in DVD mode. Just try figuring out how to do that, it requires a lot of patience, and dedication, which a lot of people likely are not going to bother with.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hey Pauly.

It'll be awesome if you can find time to document these UNDOCUMENTED features!!! Ejecting a disc would be a good start!
I'm a Reliable Contributor

its call Unlocking Channel Control.

Press CBL, then press and hold the setup button until the light flashes twice

Enter 973, the CBL light will flash twice

Press 'Channel Down' button, CBL light will flash four times

Now program the TV button for your Samsung tv, and when you press channel up/down, it will change channels on your tv, not a cable box.