cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Remote and Blu-Ray Player

ryandude
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I have a Sony Playstation 3, which I also use as a Blu-Ray player. Is there anyway I can use my Rogers remote to control the PS3 when it is playing a Blu-Ray? I have the newest Rogers remote (the one with the "D" button and the "DEMAND" button) if that makes a difference. Also, how can I set up my tv with the Rogers remote so it can do PIP and manage settings? My TV is a 2011 Samsung d5600 led. Thanks in advance!

***Edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Remote and Blu-Ray Player

StefanJ
I Plan to Stick Around

No, you'll need a bluetooth-capable remote to control the PS3, as the playstation uses bluetooth (not infared signals, like TVs/cable boxes and the Xbox).   Bluetooth has one advantage over infared  - you don't need to be pointing at the device in order to control it.

If you really want to just use one controller, you can buy 3rd party all-in-one controllers that will handle both bluetooth and infared signals, but they'll cost you about $100 (make sure it specifically says it handles bluetooth, or it will NOT). 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Rogers Remote and Blu-Ray Player

StefanJ
I Plan to Stick Around

No, you'll need a bluetooth-capable remote to control the PS3, as the playstation uses bluetooth (not infared signals, like TVs/cable boxes and the Xbox).   Bluetooth has one advantage over infared  - you don't need to be pointing at the device in order to control it.

If you really want to just use one controller, you can buy 3rd party all-in-one controllers that will handle both bluetooth and infared signals, but they'll cost you about $100 (make sure it specifically says it handles bluetooth, or it will NOT). 

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation