Rogers Problems in Mississauga?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers Problems in Mississauga?

Hello Bobbi66

LOL it shall return to normal for everyone once cable is back :P. Glad to see Rogers is fast on fixing the issue & getting cable back up!. Guess they got many techs out & was not a massive problem!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

interesting - hubby called from a non-rogers phone and got someone and got some info @10 mins. I was in the same room on hold for over an hour while he made the call. What up with that?? Good customer service sez "let them know!"
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello alicethruglass

It all depends. I tried on my sisters Rogers phone & worked but my Rogers phone didn't work. I guess its the time you call / what call center you get & other factors.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Meowmix I have read every post in this thread and although you have been helpful with sharing information with people, you are also downplaying this problem in many of your replies.

It's a known fact we Canadians pay too much for TV, internet, phone, and wireless. Having these types of problems aggravates a lot of paying customers and I don't blame them. 

"Less than $5" credit as you say is more about principle than the money. That amount is pennies when you're paying hundreds of dollars a month with Rogers services, but if everyone calls in to get a credit then that adds up and will at least make a statement with Rogers.

I for one will be calling in to complain about a week's worth of credits as my service has been on and off choppy the past week. Today was the worst but now its more about principle than it is the money. Hit them where it hurts!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DrZEUS

I am not downplaying anything at all. Oh i agree we pay more then anyone around the world. I used to live in Greece for 3 years & see the difference on the money / service. Believe me i do lol.

I do agree as well the amount is pennies when your paying hundreds but they go by what they see for instance. Services come back within 2 hours from the problem. ( In your case this has been happening for a week)/  They wont credit you a whole month for a 2 hour problem like this.believe me i have tried doing it & so many have. All they do is giving you a credit of what the time frame was OR they might give you a small discount on your package each month. That is what they do & that is what most do i find.

You can call into Rogers & complain. I have told many to do the same as well. Hopefully they can give you a weeks worth of a credit because of the problems you have been having for a week or something better!.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Ela re Ellinas eise? lol

Again, it's not about the money, it's the principle. I know they won't credit a month. I've been with Rogers since the 80s...you don't have to tell me how they operate. Trust me, I know.

On another note, I am not confident this fix will hold. I hope it does but although this didn't happen for this long this past week, it did happen and was fixed only to come back and do it again. For example, it happened here at around 4 pm this afternoon and lasted for about 10-15 minutes and then it was fine again...until about 8 pm where it went crazy for everyone.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DrZEUS

Ne re!

I agree with you 100%
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Looks like they fixed the problem for cable users in Brampton. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pgrwl2013

Yea they most likely fix it for all the places!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Problems in Bramptom

Not the amount, but the principle...I'd happily accept such outages for a customer focused company, but I find that with Rogers, you have to make a noise to get their attention. For a widespread outage, they could easily have posted a message on their call line and on the internet...