Rogers Planned Service Outages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimboden
I'm an Advisor

Rogers Planned Service Outages

I don't know if this subject has been discussed before but today, for the second day in a row, I've been having Internet and TV outages. Yesterday, it only lasted for a couple of hours, so I did nothing about it. Today, it happened again. Both Interent and TV have both been up and down all morning. I called in earlier this morning and reported the problem. The rep was very helpful and scheduled a tech to come out this afternoon. Not long after, everything returned to normal, went down again, then returned to normal. After it had been OK for a while, I called Rogers back and was advised by the rep on the phone that Rogers is doing maintenance in my area and that it might go on for at least another 5 hours.

My question is, has Rogers ever considered finding a way to advise customers about planned outages? I realize that may not be easy, but they should have an email address for the majority of their customers. If they could advise customers somehow, it might save everyone a lot of time and aggravation. When I called the first rep this morning, he wasn't aware of it either, but the rep on my second call was briefed and able to explain it to me.

***Edited Labels***

RogersDarrell
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Rogers Planned Service Outages

Hi @jimboden ,

I suggest adding this to Idea Box.

RogersDarrell

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

RogersDarrell:

Thanks. I'll give that  try next.Smiley Happy

Just noticed that it hasn't been active since 2013. Does that matter?

RogersDarrell
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh! We still review Idea Box at least once a week.

RogersDarrell

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@jimboden wrote:

Just noticed that it hasn't been active since 2013. Does that matter?

At first Idea Box was very hard to find. Then I noticed it was at the bottom of the main page. Now it's at the bottom on the right on the main page.  I also had difficulties posting there at first, not knowing I had to select a topic from the dropdown menu on the right. Maybe that's why not much gets posted there.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario