Rogers Online Protection?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersKyleC
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers Online Protection?

Hey everyone!

I believe that randyleblanccom is referring to Rogers Online Protection. Can anyone help him out with getting this up and running?

Mehxxxxxxx
I've Been Around

I can't seem to find the option to schedule a scan.  I tried googling and came up with nothing.  I noticed the option to "manage scans" which is what you'd click on to schedule a scan in the non-rogers version of bitdefender is missing. 

Help please.

damac
I've Been Here Awhile

I, too, had the same problem.
When trying to re-install TechXpert and ROP on a WIN 7 PC, I kept getting an error that the programme needed Service Pack 3 that is an XP programme.
Eventually, a Rogers tech managed to install TechXpert that then allowede ROP to install.
The day after, I could not access Firefox and the PC was slower than molasses in winter.

Now trying to de-install ROP and go back to MSE.
We pay for  ROP and get no value from it.

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

You all know that Windows has had built in virus/malware protection built in to the operating system since Windows 7, right?

Its called Windows Defender.  Disk cleanup/temp file removal is also a feature of windows....its there in the control panel.

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@damac wrote:

I, too, had the same problem.
When trying to re-install TechXpert and ROP on a WIN 7 PC, I kept getting an error that the programme needed Service Pack 3 that is an XP programme.
Eventually, a Rogers tech managed to install TechXpert that then allowede ROP to install.
The day after, I could not access Firefox and the PC was slower than molasses in winter.

Now trying to de-install ROP and go back to MSE.
We pay for  ROP and get no value from it.

For the last number of years there have been a few threads and numerous posts on these forums regarding ROP. Many posters have warned customers against installing ROP. If you run a serach I am sure you will find lots of discussion of the many issues people have had with ROP. I for one have used MSE for years and have never had an issue!

golodin
I've Been Around

I have rogers internet. How can I get rogers free protection?
RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @golodin

Welcome to the Community Forum! Smiley Happy

You can get Rogers Online Protection by clicking here.

Hope that helps!

@RogersPrasana

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@golodin wrote:
I have rogers internet. How can I get rogers free protection?

If you read the comments on this forum, the only logical conclusion you should come to is that you do not really want Rogers On-line protection. There are other free protection programs out there that are much better if you do your research!

saxcymbal
I've Been Here Awhile

Is my extra computer protected by Rogers Premium Online Protection

I have Rogers Online Protection Premium on my main computer......I have another computer in an adjacent room that accesses the internet from the Wi fi on my main computer.....How can I be sure that the computer in the adjacent room has the same kind of protection security wise that my main compuer has ?

teragram
I Plan to Stick Around

You would have to download it on the second computer - same as you did for your main computer.