Rogers Online Protection Unavailable

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers Online Protection Unavailable

@RespectPlease AVG does offer different types of security packages. You are correct that AVG is a Anti-Virus application but we have specially assigned AVG to design our Firewall protection only. AVG free edition will only offer Anti-virus protection. Anti-virus is assigned to a application called Bit Defender which will scan your system.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersHemal

AVG free includes anti-virus, anti-spyware, email scanner, and identity protection and it will scan your computer. I would trust it before I would ever install ROP. There are also other excellent free protection programs like Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials, both of which I would use before ever installing ROP.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi i just installed windows 8 and need to install online protection but the website doesn't accept anybody knows how can i do it?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Windows 8 has everything you need already built in. Do not install the Rogers software.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I recently had the same problem as the first person in this thread, but with a twist.  I use my computer every day, and run virus scans every week.  Two days after my latest virus scan with ROP Basic, I got the message saying that I had not used my Rogers software in the past 30 days and therefore my access to it was restricted.  When I opened the software, I could not run any scans, and when I tried to get the software activated again, I got an error message saying something to the effect that I had exceeded the number of platforms on which I could install the software.  I have one laptop computer.

I figured this was Rogers' cryptic way of telling me they wanted me to buy their premium service.

So I uninstalled ROP and took someone else's advice and downloaded and installed Microsoft Security Essentials.  Now, it has not been long enough for me to assess whether MSE is a better anti-virus program than ROP, but right off the top, I noticed some differences in performance.  I have Windows 7 and I keep on my desktop that gadget that displays my CPU usage and how much RAM is available.  The CPU usage was always high at startup such that I would have to wait at least a couple of minutes after starting my computer before I could use it (otherwise it would run slow).  Without ROP on my system, my computer is much faster on startup, meaning the software was consuming huge amounts of CPU usage and memory such that I couldn't do much else until it finished doing whatever it was doing.  Frankly, I am not that surprised by this because the actual scanning for viruses took a long time.  I conclude that ROP software is big and inefficient, and I'm glad I decided to install something else.

Please don't tell me to install Windows 8.  That O/S is designed for tablets, not traditional computers.