Rogers Online Gaming Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Titan68
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Online Gaming Thread

Hi guys!

I am having a connection issue with sc2, it always loses connection in the middle of the game, it often took 1 min to restore, but when it happens, it is likely that I will totally lose the connection eventually. I have this issue on both of my computers, it works fine when I apply the cellar data. Can you guys resolve this one? Thank you!

RogersMoin

Hello, @Titan68.

I appreciate joining this discussion; are you experiencing a similar issue with any other game besides SC2?

If we can have more details about your gaming setup and home network, it will help in figuring out the issue. Please answer the following:

• Are you playing this game on a wired connection?
  • Any other games affected besides SC2?
  • When you lose the game connection, is your network still online?
  • Are you using your own router?

To get a better understanding of the connection lost, please run a ping and traceroute to your gaming server and provide us with the results. Please check out the knowledgebase article for assistance. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Titan68
I've Been Here Awhile

I tried both wired and wifi, but both have a bad connection.

Yes, I played a small game called "The escapists 2", I can't even use any voice chat app normally such as discord.

Yes, the most time, the game lost the connection but I can still watch the videos on Youtube.

No, I am using the router rent from Rogers.

SSQ
I've Been Around

I'm in the same boat, and have been for the past 4 years. My only other option is a 25mbps DSL line from bell, in the past I would pay for Rogers as well as my Bell connection for gaming, but in order to cut costs as of recently, I've discontinued the Bell connection, and my god is it frustrating to game on Rogers, think I might just bite the bullet and get a Bell connection hooked up for gaming. 

AlexPacker
I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersMoin
I am having the same issue which started happening about a week ago.
Our streaming (YouTube, Netflix etc) is unaffected but the micro disconnects are impacting my work VPN, teams calls and gaming. This has happened with every online game I play.
My desktop is directly connected through the Ethernet and it will cause 3-5 second disconnects every few minutes (increasing after 9pm it seems)

Thanks for your help!
J1H
I've Been Around

As of recently, I have gone from getting 28 ping on Valorant (Illinois servers) to 50-80 ping with a lot of rubber banding. I am on the ignite gigabit package and my computer is plugged into the modem using a Cat6 cable. My speeds (especially upload) tend to be lower than expected (4-10mbps) depending on the time of day. During the past few days I have even been getting spikes up to 400ms.

AdrianoM89
I've Been Here Awhile

I play mostly Warzone and Call of duty and hover between 35 to 39 ping occasionally hitting 31. been trying to look at ways to hit below 31 but no success 

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

As we continue working to make your gaming & streaming experience with Rogers the BEST it can be, we've locked this thread to further posts.  We're currently capturing customer issues in a new way!

If you're currently experiencing any issues with gaming or streaming; SEE THIS THREAD

Thanks for making the Community a pleasant place to be.

@RogersDarrell