cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Online Gaming Thread

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

Welcome to the official Rogers Online Gaming Feedback thread! We will use this thread as a central point to discuss anything related to your online gaming experience on the Rogers network.  Our @CommunityHelps team will be here to help as usual.

We also recommend all of our gamers to sign up for the Rogers WiFi Modem Firmware Trial. Feedback from the Community has resulted in great improvements to the overall internet experience, specifically with regards to ping and latency on the Rogers network. For details of this program, please see this thread.

To learn more about Rogers and online gaming, check out our gaming page at www.rogers.com/gaming

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

Game on!!

607 REPLIES 607

Re: Rogers Online Gaming Thread

Can't see anything?

@Mythen wrote:

I think the issue here is that users in atlantic canada are being routed to a different twitch server.  I mean right now.  the freezing is terrible.  

Mythen

Based on all traceroute / pingplotter data provided, all the video feeds are coming from Amazon in Seattle San Jose. The big jump on the traces is traffic going from the New-York POP to the Seattle POP.

We have no control on where Amazon sends our traffic to but it's a very long way for a video stream. We will need to discuss with Amazon to see if the Twitch content is available in another data centre and if they can send our traffic there.

Now being in Atlantic, the problem is accentuated.

Dave

What about the way ea sends our traffic when it comes to NHL 17 ? It's horrible ,read on this thread you guys are looking In to this as well @RogersDave

Hiitchy
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersKevin I've double checked everything, I'm currently on 2.0.10.26T2 firmware with a single black dot modem. It may also be helpful to know that I'm running a 40 ft cat6 ethernet cable from my room to a TP-Link Archer C3200 modem, then right into the CODA-4582!

I'm going to play a few games and then report back if I notice any differences, but I've noticed they stay anywhere between 25-40, so there's relatively no difference, and I personally haven't seen anything.

- Hiitchy

@Hiitchy wrote:

@RogersKevin I've double checked everything, I'm currently on 2.0.10.26T2 firmware with a single black dot modem. It may also be helpful to know that I'm running a 40 ft cat6 ethernet cable from my room to a TP-Link Archer C3200 modem, then right into the CODA-4582!

I'm going to play a few games and then report back if I notice any differences, but I've noticed they stay anywhere between 25-40, so there's relatively no difference, and I personally haven't seen anything.

@Hiitchy

Interesting setup, thanks for sharing Smiley Happy Really great to hear you are getting those numbers with .26. Folks have reported a drop in ping times with .27 & the testing I've done reflects that as well.

Curious to see what you would get with your setup & .27 ! Lowest ping I've got with League of Legends is 22ms, you might have the new record for lowest ping time that I've seen reported on Rogers with LoL haha. 

Smiley Very Happy

RogersKevin