cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Online Gaming Thread

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

Welcome to the official Rogers Online Gaming Feedback thread! We will use this thread as a central point to discuss anything related to your online gaming experience on the Rogers network.  Our @CommunityHelps team will be here to help as usual.

We also recommend all of our gamers to sign up for the Rogers WiFi Modem Firmware Trial. Feedback from the Community has resulted in great improvements to the overall internet experience, specifically with regards to ping and latency on the Rogers network. For details of this program, please see this thread.

To learn more about Rogers and online gaming, check out our gaming page at www.rogers.com/gaming

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

Game on!!

607 REPLIES 607

Re: Rogers Online Gaming Thread

@RogersDave wrote:

Welcome aboard @RogersKevin!

I have been working on the IPv6 issue with EA games for the last couple of days. I am working with some individuals on the XBOX team at Microsoft who happen to be IPv6 advocates so they are really trying to get this sorted out.

One ask that they had was to know your XBOX gamertag and an exact time when you tried matchmaking and failed on a EA game with IPv6 enabled. They will pull the relevant logs to better assess the situation.

On another topic, I've added to the issue list in the 2nd post and entry regarding buffering on Twitch. This still requires further investigation on our side with Amazon/Twitch.

Dave

Thanks @RogersDave

I'll make some more attempts & send you the information. In regards to Twitch, I have seen the reports for Community members.  After reading about the posts on Twitch issues in the past, I did two short tests but could not reproduce the issue.

Community, can you send me some of the channels you guys are watching on Twitch(the more the better) ? I would like to test them out during various times(morning,peak time etc). Will test Twitch some more & report back. 

Mythen
I Plan to Stick Around
Doesn't seem to matter which twitch stream I am watching. It happens during the day but at prime time it crazy. I'll post some examples when I am watching.
I also want to point out that I wouldn't describe the issue as buffering. More like the stream completely freezes but chat is ok

Mythen

@Mythen wrote:
Doesn't seem to matter which twitch stream I am watching. It happens during the day but at prime time it crazy. I'll post some examples when I am watching.
I also want to point out that I wouldn't describe the issue as buffering. More like the stream completely freezes but chat is ok

Mythen

Thanks @Mythen

I have the stream linked  here running right now. So far so good, I will leave it up & monitor.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a Senior Contributor

I am located in N-B, on 250/20 CODA modem.

The greatest improvement for me was D3.1 combined with .27 , since then my ping improved a bit and there is no packet loss. However the routing could be improved because I've ran several test with my neighbors on Bell and they have a much lower ping because they have a different routing. ( I've sent the logs to @RogersDave , but he's too busy to look at it now, maybe someone else can?)

Other than that there is the issue with twtich , especially during the day when you have the reload the page every 5-10 minute, and for some reason it only happen with Rogers, Bell don't have this issue.

When these 2 items will be fixed, I will be happy like a tree!

Hiitchy
I Plan to Stick Around

11baf0d16466a26da376da9f91bb4262.png

I'm in Brampton, Ontario and play League of Legends every now and then. Pretty happy to see that my ping is anywhere between 25-40, and people are constantly asking how my ping is so low! It's hilarious!

I'm on the gigabit package running the 26T2 firmware on the Coda-4582. Great work so far!

- Hiitchy