Rogers OnLine Protection Hanging USB Ports (and computer)?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
66_JIMBO
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers OnLine Protection Hanging USB Ports (and computer)?

I just "upgraded" to the latest no-charge ROP, and now every time I connect a device (memory stick, camera) to any USB port on the computer, the computer completely hangs......even when I can get the process monitor up, it will not restart the computer. I have to hard reboot it.

Other than removing ROP completely (as many here suggest), is there a way to disble USB port scanning, or prevent this from happening? Nothing else on the computer has changed, and this was not a problem before the "upgrade".

Jim

***Edited Labels.***

skutflut
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers OnLine Protection Hanging USB Ports (and computer)?

If I were you, I would remove the Rogers package and get your own protection products.  

I tried the Rogers package a few years back and it was nothing but trouble,  and not very effective either.   After using other tools to check up on the health of my system i found stuff hiding in the computer that should have been caught and killed, but was not. 

66_JIMBO
I've Been Here Awhile

That is looking like a more likely option all the time. Any you would reccommend? I see a deal on Norton360 at Staples right now...

Thanks,

Jim

Hooter
I'm a Reliable Contributor

You might want to read this: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22547206-WARNING-Do-not-load-the-new-Rogers-Online-Protection-ROP

There are also very good free security programs available to download such as AVG, Avast, and Microsoft Security Essentials.

66_JIMBO
I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah, I did see that in my search. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for ROP/RadialPoint. I'm looking for something to replace it now. I had Avast AV on before when my computer was infected, but the free subscription expired. I'll look at what you've suggested as well, thanks.

Jim