cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers OnLine Protection Hanging USB Ports (and computer)?

66_JIMBO
I've Been Here Awhile

I just "upgraded" to the latest no-charge ROP, and now every time I connect a device (memory stick, camera) to any USB port on the computer, the computer completely hangs......even when I can get the process monitor up, it will not restart the computer. I have to hard reboot it.

Other than removing ROP completely (as many here suggest), is there a way to disble USB port scanning, or prevent this from happening? Nothing else on the computer has changed, and this was not a problem before the "upgrade".

Jim

***Edited Labels.***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Rogers OnLine Protection Hanging USB Ports (and computer)?

skutflut
I Plan to Stick Around

If I were you, I would remove the Rogers package and get your own protection products.  

I tried the Rogers package a few years back and it was nothing but trouble,  and not very effective either.   After using other tools to check up on the health of my system i found stuff hiding in the computer that should have been caught and killed, but was not. 

66_JIMBO
I've Been Here Awhile

That is looking like a more likely option all the time. Any you would reccommend? I see a deal on Norton360 at Staples right now...

Thanks,

Jim

Hooter
I'm a Reliable Contributor

You might want to read this: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22547206-WARNING-Do-not-load-the-new-Rogers-Online-Protection-ROP

There are also very good free security programs available to download such as AVG, Avast, and Microsoft Security Essentials.

66_JIMBO
I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah, I did see that in my search. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for ROP/RadialPoint. I'm looking for something to replace it now. I had Avast AV on before when my computer was infected, but the free subscription expired. I'll look at what you've suggested as well, thanks.

Jim