Rogers On Demand not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers On Demand not working

For almost a month now I haven't been able to watch anything on ROD because every time I go to channel 100, it just shows ads and movie previews NON-STOP. There are no prompts to press A (like there used to be) or anything else no matter how long I wait. I tried pressing everything on my remote and got no desired outcome. What's happening and how can this be fixed?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers On Demand not working

One thing i do remember 1-2 users have done to get things like this working before.. if it hasnt been tried already.

Have them REMOVE the TV service from your account, then re add it.  Viewed it as new i guess, so it it would start working.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Mine doesn't show the prompt to Press 'A' anymore.. But I can press 'A' and eventually ROD will load.. Though it does crash the pvr more often than not. If you are pressing 'A' and nothing is happening it might be an issue with the PVR itself. you could always exchange it at your local Rogers store and try a new one. Or call Rogers and get a tech to come out and test signal strength on your line etc..
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi Jurpie, did you ever have this issue resolved? I'm getting the exact same thing 😞
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

it's okay now... I didn't do anything tho 😕 I suppose it's just a glitch

Highlighted
I've Been Around

This happens to me almosy everytime I try ot use ROD.  The only way I have found to solve the problem is by rebooting my HD terminal.  Its a pain in the butt when Im trying to watch a couple episodes of a show.  After one show ends goes back to previews only and I have to reboot.  I think this is a ongoing Rogers problem and now I see Im not the only one.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

It drives me crazy when you are wanting to watch a couple of episodes of the same show & when one finishes it goes all the way back to the beginning of ROD. Why can't it just return to the previous menu we were just using??

Also I find when trying to read what movie/show is about once you get to the end & I believe it says "more" nothing happens. It's very frustrating when you want to know a bit about the show you might choose to watch and you can't.

With the amount of money Rogers has & what the amount they charge us I would think small problems like this shouldn't take a year to fix.  Woman Mad

Highlighted
I've Been Around

5 days and no solution to any rogers on demand error messages- techs no help- tell you to reboot which changes nothing.

What is going on- maybe its time to switch to Bell.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What is the exact error message(s) you are getting?

One thing to try, you dont want to talk to TECH, but to billing.. the ones who can add/remove stuff from the account.

A few recently have found when they were having issues with RoD not working at all... they had the billing people REMOVE tv from the account then re-add it and it seemed to fix it.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

You have to remember that most of the older digital boxes (branded Scientific Atlanta, not Cisco) up to the 8300 has I believe 16MB of RAM.  Some of the older models have even less.  I remember reading somewhere that RAM has been increased in the newer Cisco models, just as the cpu has been upgraded.

I don't think general viewing uses much (if any) RAM, but when you stop an OD movie or show, it saves that info into the memory banks, and ROD uses a lot of RAM for some reason, and with all the new updates being pushed through, most of these older boxes are at their limitations.  So its easy to see why ROD is so intermittent with these older model boxes, and why boxes constantly crash when trying to access.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

What has happened to KIX 106.7? We listen on the tv through Rogers and now the channel is there but there is no sound and aq black screen appears when you press info, has anyone else missed this station since it's rebranding on Sun. June 2?