Rogers On Demand: Movies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers On Demand: Movies

I am so disappointed with On Demand. There are never any good movies that one would want to watch. It seem that all On Demand has are small budget movies and movies that never made to it to the silver screen.

If I want to see a blockbuster movie I am never able to view that movie via On Demand. If such is the case, why am I paying for a service that is a waste of money?

Rogers has promoted On Demand as an unlimited source to view movies, but that is not the case. On Demand is very limited and filled with low budget films as oppose to DVD rentals. This is very disappointing.

Furthermore, Rogers make no effort of at least making holiday movies like Christmas and Easter available to those who celebrate those holidays with friend and family. Therefore, I must ask, why should my husband pay for unsatisfactory service?

****Edited Labels****

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers On Demand: Movies

Hello Vincedee

I must agree with you on this one. Rogers has failed within the past year or so to provided Christmas & Easter movies. I celebrate Christmas with my family & honestly i sat down with them last night to rent a Christmas movie from Rogers On Demand & nothing really special was on. Rogers cares less about their customers every year i have noticed. All they care is to bring out their own products / useless things instead of giving us what we want.

I had to go to walmart to go buy Christmas movies just because of this. ( i do not mind it but still).

Rogers On Demand is a joke to be honest. Overpriced & they barely bring out new movies on time. Blockbuster was better at this but sadly they closed down.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi Vincedee,

Thanks for your feedback regarding Rogers On Demand. Most new releases, including blockbuster films, are available on Rogers On Demand the same day they are released on DVD. You can find newer films in the “New Releases” folder, or by using the search tool. Current new releases include Ted, The Dark Knight Rises and The Bourne Legacy.

We do have a number of holiday movies, such as Elf and Miracle on 34th Street, available in our Holiday Cheer folder. Again, if you want a quick way to see if your favourite holiday flick is available on Rogers On Demand, you can enter the movie’s title in our search field. We also had Halloween-themed movies available around Halloween.

Along with movies, we also have made full seasons of television series available for our customers to rent. These seasons are of past and present favourites, such as 24, Dexter and Californication.

You can also sign up for text messaging alerts when new movies are released on Rogers On Demand. Simply text

MOVIE to 4847 from your Rogers Wireless device.

Sarah

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think i saw Arthur Christmas on there too 🙂

But I think part of what the other two are trying to bring up as well.. is the overall movies.

While yes, new bockbusters movies on there are great.. after 1-2 months, they are GONE from there, and not able to be viewed/rented... compared to like at the old video stores, while it wasnt a new release, you could go to the regular section and still rent it from there.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I also dislike the on demand, not so much the movie selection but searching for some of these movies is difficult. If I'm looking for a movie I have to remember the title, I can't just scroll through because there isn't any pictures to help me remember what the movie is. The guide and on demand, and everything Rogers for that matter, seems to be way out dated. I watch my movies on my Xbox, very easy to find and HD or standard, which ever I choose.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I want to know if I am the only one that can't understand how Rogers can still offer such a horrible ROD service.
It takes forever to go through the movie selection, I always give up with great frustration. I would love to be able to use my laptop or Ipad to pick a movie but can't find a web site that is of any use. If you use the TV on screen feature it is only useful if you know exactly what you want to watch or you give up early and just pick something. All search experiences should be the same whether your on the TV or a web site, they should be set up to navigate as if you were in a video store. Can you say user friendly?? I just sold a business and am loosely retired at fifty, I tell everybody that I have no plans for the future but to enjoy myself, but I can see that Rogers need help. I may have to cut my time off short.,
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

STILL waiting to see 21 Jump Street and it's April 2013!!
The movie was showing on the Top 10 BUT it wasn't for purchase and now it's not there at all.
I called customer service and was told "hmmm, there must be a problem". No way Sherlock!
I don't appreciate having to go and RENT a movie when I pay for ROD.

**Edited for content**

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello fotobug1968

I do agree at a point with your statement. Yes i do agree Rogers should have added the movie as we are in April 2013 BUT before Rogers had Rogers on Demand, we have BlockBuster & Rogers Video. Many rented movies & such.

I would love to be able to rent movies instead of using Rogers on demand because of this reason alone.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Does Rogers have or have they ever thought of offerring a "Movies on Demenad Package", e.g. 10 movies anytime for $39.99. This way we can use anytime and save money, Rogers would make the money on up front purchases, win win?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello albatross

I would love to see something like this! My guess would be if Rogers offered this package, many more would opt in and do it. Its a win win situation in the end. I for one want this package.