Rogers On Demand Menu not Appearing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Rogers On Demand Menu not Appearing

Same problem happening to me in Ottawa with my HD 8342 - I have to re-boot all the time when I try channel 100 or 300 ROD.  It's so frustrating that I just give up and watch something else.  I have not called Rogers on this issue because I'm already waiting for a call back from a Manager/Supervisor on another issue with Rogers.  Unbelievable **bleep** service!! 

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

If your digital box requires frequent resets, I would recommend contacting our cable repair department via 1-888-764-3771 for direct assistance. They'll be able to check your signal levels to make sure there aren't any issues as well as do a hard reset and re-authorize the box from their end. If those steps fail to resolve the issue, swapping the box may be suggested.

Thanks

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

We are having the exact same problem.  I called the Rogers support number for direct assistance and they recommended that a tech come to my house to fix our signal which is weak.  Not sure what that means, but the support person was helpful and booked me an appointment for Saturday morning which was appreciated.  He also reset our black box from his end and I reset it (again) from my end and now we have the menus loading--at least tonight anyway.  I was impressed with the quick response when I called Rogers as I am used to waiting on the phone for at least 20 minutes for support calls.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

We've been having a problem with on demand for months. It only happens on Friday or Saturday nights. When we try to watch anything on demand in HD we get an error message stating that our order cannot be processed at this time. I spoke to Rogers and they admitted that they do not have the capacity to keep up with on demand on the weekends. Each time I call they do work some magic that allows me to get the program I want but spending 15 minutes on the phone before watching a movie is not enjoyable.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure if you have had this problem resolved yet....If not have the set top exchanged.  I had a 3250 hd  box and put up with that very problem for a number of months and then finding out that certain models have had a memory problem that would not allow the titles to show.   I also did the same experiment with scrolling to what I would know would be the new this week section and to my surprise a movie started to play.   Don't put up with that problem any longer.   Go to retail or have a technician exchange the set top for you. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Bumping this up, I am having the same problem, 4642HD box here....very frustrating. It seems all the on demand channels are like this. ROD, TMNOD, MPIXOD, etc etc...I have talked to tech support a couple of times, no luck.. Only had the box for less than a week....grr
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

keep calling.  there is a problem but they are still in the garhering info stage.  short term solution is to try a box that is not an 8642, though some 4642 may be reporting same issue.  i have had the problem since june.  kind of makes me yearn for my old box and non hi def tv.  i only upgraded because of the new tv....and i WAS enjoying catching up on HBO shows, but now i can only watch them if i happen to be home, or remember to PVR them.  no on demand for me!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I've also had the same problem on a non- HD box since June 2010. Got my box swapped once but the problem is still there. Had to call multiple times for them to actually send someone. There was never any signal issue with my cable. In fact, my box used to shut off and reset by itself at times, which is why I really insisted on them sending someone despite the fact that everything looked normal on their end. The new box, different model, still has the same issues as the old ones.

Very frustrating. Looking forward to new ISP.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

@Mrtne

That is EXACTLY what's been happening with me as well.  I have their New Explorer 4620... I was concerned at first when the Self-Serve screen no longer appeared and, when I had called to ask about it, I was told that, on this model the Self-Serve will not function on this type of Digital Box model and that they are taking measures to have it on. No problem... Was a slight annoyance at times anyway.

As for my ROD channel, It's the same thing... I switch to the channel, screen goes blank, except for "Loading"... the intro screen comes up about 1-2 minutes after and I press the A as directed... Screen goes blank again... It freezes, for that matter, as I'd noticed that when I brought up the channel guide and when I wanted to exit, it wouldn't do anything.  After a few minutes of that the screen goes blank again and the Digital Box shuts down and goes through the process of resetting itself... From there I'm fed up (and log onto Netflix)... However, after the digital box resets, everything works fine, especially ROD! this happens EVERY time I switch to my ROD channels... I haven't called about this as of yet, but it is VERY annoying, especially when having company over... I REALLY HOPE they are looking into this and it will be fixed much sooner than it's been taking already!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

perhaps there should be a thread for 8642 and 4642 boxes regarding on demand.   The original post was for the titles not showing up after the on demand channel loaded.  Many of the posts here are regarding on demand not loading  or black screen after on demand tries to load specifically with 8642 and 4642 set tops.