Rogers On Demand - HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers On Demand - HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Today I watched a pay-per-view movie on demand. I feel that when you have to pay so much to rent a movie - it should work no question. I was 1 hour and 45 minutes into a 2 hour and 13 minute movie (aka almost the very end) when my cable box decided to have a mind of its own and reboot. I was not happy but I waited and turned it back on. When the power came back to the box my remote all of a sudden didn't work. I called Rogers and the call person was very nice and we went through a reboot and he said he was running a test, long story short we rebooted and my remote worked I was happy and hung up the phone. I go through the On Demand channel to saved videos and found that my rental was still there but that I had to three options none of which were resume video.... I called back to rogers and got no where with a tech person - the only answer was yes you have to sit there in silence and watch it fast forward to that spot (because I have nothing better to do I guess) just to see the end of the movie. There apparently is no other solution - I did not get a sorry or anything just the very annoying comment that I do have the rental for 48 hours if I didn't feel like I had time to fast forward. Well Thanks Captain Obvious but Its Sunday - we like to sit down as a family on Sunday and watch a movie. Monday is back to our hectic lives - I don't ever have time to sit here and watch a movie fast forward with only one fast forward speed - what year are we in 1993? I think my old VHS has better fast forward options... It was absolutely brutal and I will think twice about how I rent my movie next time... Rogers definitely need to come up with a better solution!

***Edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers On Demand - HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

I must agree with you on this. I recently rented a a movie from ROD & by accident i turned off the TV. SO me thinking " It will most likely save at the spot i shut the TV off" I turned it back on to see that i had to fast forward to watch the movie at the point i was. It took a good 3 minutes for me to go back. I know it does not seem bad but it is. The Fast forwarding is really slow even if you put it to max. Rogers just needs to tweak it a bit to make it faster. I called in & talk to tech support agents which said they have been getting complaints about it as well.

We will see what happens i guess. Hopefully Rogers changes it.
I've Been Here Awhile

Good luck getting anything from Rogers. As long as your paying you bill they couldn't care less.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Even if you don't pay your bills Rogers does not care. They only care about the money they want. Bell has had issues with there cable as well from what i have read on the Bell forums & other websites.
I've Been Around

All businesses care about money, obviously. Bell does not have cable, they have satillite. Choose your own poison and stop looking at it like you are being bullied. No matter what you are going to be let down by one of these companies at least once in your life.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Looks like a new member is reading through all the old posts and replying to posts that the rest of us have long forgotten, with nothing constructive to add to the topic.