Rogers Nokia N8 Belle update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers Nokia N8 Belle update?

That is the way i did mine as well. i used the unofficial one but it work without any issues.
I've Been Around

I have just checked Nokia's Belle update progress website. The status of both Australia and Israel are "Waiting for Approval", which is the last step before being "Update Available".

Canadians are famous for doing things slowly and following others. So we need to be patient. All the major carriers in Canada are still in "Update not Available" status.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Meowmix, could you pm me the same info as the previous poster. version of navifirm and phoenix? Thanks in advance, cheers

If my answer has helped, please click like or solved if it solved the problem.
I Plan to Stick Around

If you look at the nokia belle rollout page, we are the last country to not have belle, every other country already have it or is in the process of getting it

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-availability

although the update is available for non branded devices the Canadian operators are the only ones not offering the upgrade.

And where is the Rogers people? They read this thread because they erased my last post and send me a personal message, but they don't answer to the question why we are not getting the update.

Unbelievable.

I Plan to Stick Around

i checked on Nokia U.S. website, and Symbian Belle is already available for the N8. I never expected to even reach as far as Symbian Anna with ROGERS...well..i was able to wait for the longest time..and i was truly satisfied with the Anna update...so for now...i will just wait....and wait...and wait...

I Plan to Stick Around

You know, whether we get Belle or not, the N8 is still a stellar handset. I have been giving it some thought after jumping on the belle bandwagon, and I love my N8 and would never know there was an update, if I hadn't been curious about the forums. never a problem with it and had no criticism before. Why now? I don't know, a feeding frenzy I guess.
If my answer has helped, please click like or solved if it solved the problem.
I Plan to Stick Around

I totally agree with SHALLSON......"the N8 is still a stellar handset"....

I'm a Trusted Advisor

The N8 is a amazing phone till date. No matter what iPhone or HTC or Samsung phone comes out the N8 is still my favorite. I always wanted one when it came out & then boom bought it a few months after.
I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry EQ Van, I got an email from Nokia that none of the Canadian carriers will get the Nokia Belle update.

Sorry to break the news