Rogers Nokia N8 Belle update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Nokia N8 Belle update?

It's safe to say the journey to Anna has been long and arduous for us Rogers users...

...but now that that is done, when can we honestly expect to see Belle in Canada? Nokia has said we should expect to see Belle in early 2012. Assuming that means Europe gets it in Spring 2012, when will North America see it?

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/12/10/symbian-belle-coming-early-2012-to-nokia-n8-x7-and-others/

I know Nokia has a lot to do with it, I don't solely blame Rogers for the long wait for updates...but I would love to see more communication from Rogers this time instead of this:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Other_mobile_device/thread-id/10...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Rogers, let us know what is going on with this latest update? Are you guys listening?

Thanks in advance...

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Nokia N8 Belle update?

As you can see from my post, the petition for Anna update post, Rogers does not know when they will have the fw.  BUT, I think with enough voices, like the one generated by my post, they will release the fw quite quickly once it has been given from Nokia.

So owners of Rogers' Nokia N8, speak up!

Rogers' rep, please keep in contact your Nokia's software rep and bug them for a quick release of Belle once the NAM version has been released.

Note, Belle has not been released for the N8 officially, so NO ONE has Belle yet.  All the videos you see of Belle running on their N8 are of the user flashing LEAKED fw, and not offical one.  There has been another leaked fw came out last week 111.30.0609, and words are that it is starting to run smoothly when compared to previous leaked Belle fw.  So I think an official release is quite close.  Nokia has already stated they will release Belle for the N8, X7, C6, etc in Q1 of 2012.

So hopefully, we will have Belle by May or June of 2012.

I Plan to Stick Around

Belle is now on Navifirm for the N8.  Historically the update should be available to the rest of the world within a week.

I Plan to Stick Around

Gosh, if we get Belle that should give us another boost for an incredibly great handset.  Did I say I love my N8?

If my answer has helped, please click like or solved if it solved the problem.
I Plan to Stick Around

Belle was removed from Navifirm after a week but yesterday the developer bloggers were going crazy with the changes being made to have a world wide, simultaneous Nokia Belle roll-out.  I can't see it happening but it would be cool indeed.  There were even rumors of it happening this side of Feb first.

I Plan to Stick Around

Latest update I have heard is that Belle will be end of this month or beginning of feb release with Carla as early as March for new handsets and a possibility of older handsets at the same time.

I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone else received the new Nokia Suite download?  In the preamble they indicate the upgrade is to allow an easire Belle upgrade via PC as some blogs indicate it will not be available over the air.

I Plan to Stick Around

i did, i update my nokia suite yesterday, and yes, i did saw that note about "making it easier to update to Belle"...

I'm Here A Lot

I thought Nokia said that they took their dear time to release Belle because everyone was going to get it at the same time.

From what I read, it's not going to be released like previous updated. Everyone should receive the update at the same time.

I Plan to Stick Around

I really do hope this is the case.  I have had my N8 for over a year and loved the features; just wish it wasn't so **bleep** hard to make everything work correctly!