Rogers Nokia N8 Belle update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Nokia N8 Belle update?

Save yourself a lot of stress and flash it yourself.

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers is not the hold up. Nokia marketing and sales has decided that Canada, Australia and Israel will not be getting Belle. The carriers don't have a say in it. So there you have it, check out Nokia Europe forums and you will see that the ozzies are very p*****d about this.
If my answer has helped, please click like or solved if it solved the problem.
I've Been Here Awhile

My cousin bought an unlock N8 on newegg.ca and he got the update yesterday

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

well, he just told me that it was an USA product code. But like someone said before, Rogers, can you just tell us if we'll get the update or not!

I Plan to Stick Around

We do not get it, bemap30. Nokia has decided not to give it to Canada, Australia and Israel. You can confirm that by checking Nokia's availability site. I am just as disappointed as you. I ordered a shiny new BlackBerry 9900 this morning.
I've Been Around

This is, i think, Rogers and Nokia bad customer service reputation that they are getting good at it as time goes by. I used to be a Rogers client but had to many problem with them. I switched to Koodo. At least their plans are cheap. Then i bought that N8 that i unlocked thinking that it would be great with Belle. But then i have to have Belle for that. So i will have to flash even if i am not too keen about it (i had a bad experience with iphone jailbreaking). Or just wait and get an Android wich is pretty good comapre to Belle or iOS. In fact they are all good os with their respective minus and plus. But one thing, no more Rogers for me and Nokia, well yes and no. And go for flashing the N8....
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Like i have said in my other posts. Rogers will NOT tell us if they will update the Nokia n8 or not. Thye will tell us " They do not know & they can not comment on stuff they do not know off"

Nokia it self said Canada will not get it & if you look at the Nokia site i provided it did say all the Nokia branded phones are not getting Belle.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, Nokia just announced on the europe forum, that they have rolled out belle for non branded N8 phones in Canada. Any Carrier branded phones will not be updated. there u have it. If you bought your nokia phone from anywhere other than a carrier, you will get Belle
I'm a Trusted Advisor

That is true as well. I contacted Nokia & they said that they are NOT going to updating any Canadian Carrier Nokia to Belle.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

You have not read anything in the thread have you? No Rogers rep will say when or how the update will happen. Like i already supplied if you read page 2 Nokia is NOT supplying Canadians with Belle update. Bell nor does Telus reps go say to its costumers when they update will happen so its every carrier not only Rogers.

"

Canada

OPERATOR DEVICE PRODUCT CODE STATUS
Bell C6-01 059D8F0 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia C6-01 059C3W4 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia C6-01 059C3W3 Nokia Belle not available
Mobilicity Wireless C7-00 059F4T6 Nokia Belle not available
Videotron for AWS C7-00 059F4N2 Nokia Belle not available
WIND Mobile C7-00 059F545 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia C7-00 059C4T8 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia C7-00 059C4T7 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia C7-00 059C4T6 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia E6-00 059G8Z8 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia E7-00 059C9B0 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia E7-00 059C996 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia E7-00 059C998 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia E7-00 059C997 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia E7-00 059C999 Nokia Belle not available
Rogers Wireless N8-00 059D391 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia N8-00 0599218 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia N8-00 0599226 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia N8-00 0599222 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia N8-00 059K9X0 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia N8-00 0599230 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia N8-00 0599236 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia N8-00 059G196 Nokia Belle not available
Rogers Wireless X7-00 059J7V2 Nokia Belle not available

To check for your Product Code, just type *#0000#.

Update available = Nokia Belle update has been published

Waiting for approval = Nokia Belle has been submitted for operator and/or local review

Software under creation = Nokia Belle is currently being created by Nokia

Nokia Belle not available = Nokia Belle will not be launched for this product code and/or country"

This is from the Nokia Website. This is Nokia's fault & Not Rogers. Nokia is the one not sending the updates to Rogers. Also you can see on the List the Nokia branded phones are not getting the update either. SAme goes for the other phones that Bell has. I spoke to Both Nokia Canada & Nokia in Europe & they both told me that Canada will NOT get the update. I also spoke to a few Rogers Managers & they said the same. Nokia is doing this.