Rogers Nokia N8 Belle update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Nokia N8 Belle update?

Per Nokia the Belle upgrade will be available on Feb. 8th....of course Rogers will have to "tested" first, you know....make sure that a "Nokia" software upgrade works in a "Nokia"  product. So the upgrade will be available for Rogers clients sometimes in 2013, just like happened with Anna, about a year later after it official release. They have to make sure they put all their Rogers operator crap in there.

I Plan to Stick Around

I was reading this morning that the update won't be happening OTA,as it will be a full OS install rather than an update. (nokia forums was the source)

If my answer has helped, please click like or solved if it solved the problem.
I Plan to Stick Around

I read the same thing.  The new Nokia Suite was designed to allow the new OS to be loaded.  Nokia Belle better be worth it because I find a lot of bugs with the new Suite.

I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like Anna is the end of the line for us Rogers branded N8...

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-availability

Looks like none of the Canadian branded nokia devices will get the Belle treatment....time to flash the US un-branded version of Belle if you ever want to see Belle on our beloved N8 device.

I'm Here A Lot

Maybe they are just not available yet. We should wait a bit and see. I am monitoring Navifirm to see when the firmware sppears. I'll flash Belle with Phoenix then instead and not wait for Rogers to get real!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Dear Rogers, you knew the update was coming soon. But still, you don't even bother to reply to us, customers. You have absolutely no respect for us. You could have at least tell us if it will happen or not.

But i'll tell you what's gonna happens for me next. If were not gonna get the update in reasonnable time, i'm gonna cancel my contract with you, no matter how much it will be. i'm gonna flash my phone anyway and i'm gonna switch to Bell canada with my new symbian Belle

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Straight from Nokia "Possibly some unfortunate news for those Nokia users who’ve been waiting for the big OS upgrade to Belle, formally Symbian Belle. Nokia promised a February 2012 rollout and today they started to push it out to Nokia N8, Nokia E7, Nokia E6, Nokia X7, Nokia C6-01 and Nokia C7 users. However, us Canadians might be waiting a bit longer, or may never see the new OS arrive. According to the Nokia website it boldly states that “Nokia Belle not available” on any of the associated handsets. Nokia does offer a bit more insight into what exactly “Nokia Belle not available” means. At the bottom of the webpage it boldly says that “Nokia Belle will not be launched for this product code and/or country”. There’s no technical reason that Canada should be excluded, perhaps it’ll be in carrier testing soon and this is simply an error."

Here you go guys. Its Nokia not Rogers. So be mad at Nokia for this.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/02/07/nokia-belle-not-available-in-canada/

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-availability

Canada

OPERATOR DEVICE PRODUCT CODE STATUS
Bell C6-01 059D8F0 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia C6-01 059C3W4 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia C6-01 059C3W3 Nokia Belle not available
Mobilicity Wireless C7-00 059F4T6 Nokia Belle not available
Videotron for AWS C7-00 059F4N2 Nokia Belle not available
WIND Mobile C7-00 059F545 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia C7-00 059C4T8 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia C7-00 059C4T7 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia C7-00 059C4T6 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia E6-00 059G8Z8 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia E7-00 059C9B0 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia E7-00 059C996 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia E7-00 059C998 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia E7-00 059C997 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia E7-00 059C999 Nokia Belle not available
Rogers Wireless N8-00 059D391 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia N8-00 0599218 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia N8-00 0599226 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia N8-00 0599222 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia N8-00 059K9X0 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia N8-00 0599230 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia N8-00 0599236 Nokia Belle not available
Nokia N8-00 059G196 Nokia Belle not available
Rogers Wireless X7-00 059J7V2 Nokia Belle not available
I'm Here A Lot

SHAME!

I have the Nokia X7 and no update for me yet.

If I owned an N8, I'd flash Belle (North American Non-Branded version) on it using Navifirm and Phoenix
I Plan to Stick Around

Sounds like a plan. I didn't feel like doing my taxes anyway.

Smiley Very Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

"Here you go guys. Its Nokia not Rogers. So be mad at Nokia for this."

I don't know about this. Here is the quote from their FAQ:

"We are also working very closely with our operator contacts to get operator variants tested and approved. Some countries and operators have nevertheless decided to not make Nokia Belle available due to technical reasons. In detail that means, if the information in the availability page states “Nokia Belle not available” the update unfortunately won’t be released for this variant."

This makes it sound like it's the operators' fault, which if that it the case, I'm ditching Rogers right away and flashing my phone. The only thing that makes me think that this could be anything different is that every varient in Canada is not available, so why is that? That would mean all the companies are working in collusion, even the American ones in Canada, but that doesn't make sense.

So I want to hear it from Rogers right now, are we getting Belle or not?