Rogers New Advanced Wifi Modem (New Hitron) Is AMAZING!!!!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers New Advanced Wifi Modem (New Hitron) Is AMAZING!!!!!!

I used to have a Cisco DPC 3825 and the wifi on it was garbage. In my room I would get around 1 signal bar.

I have the express package but in my room with 1 bar on wifi I would get 10Mbit download and 2Mbit upload.

Today I went and exchanged it for the new advanced wifi modem http://www.rogers.com/web/link/modems

It is amazing.

I am getting 4/5 bars and 31Mbit download and 2Mbit upload in my room. http://i.imgur.com/HSL0J6H.jpg

I would recomemnd everyone to get it.

I have free modem rental on my contract so it is FREE for me. ^.^

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers New Advanced Wifi Modem (New Hitron) Is AMAZING!!!!!!

We will have to give it some time, to make sure it stays good.

But it is nice to see them releasing hardware that actually DOES what it says it should, rather than the failures of the last few things.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I know that I am very interested to see reviews on this modem. I saw one comment on Facebook. It was not so positive! "It sucks, wireless throughput is weak." I am really hoping that Rogers might have got it right this time, but I am not holding my breath! Would love to see more comments!

I'm an Advisor

@romero:

Wow!  It sounds like you could make popcorn with it, if you put the bowl real close to the device!Smiley Wink

Now that's just what you need with your NetFlicks subscription.

skinorth

I've Been Around

do the usb ports work?? i cant seem to get my harddrive connected...the salesman at rogers said the 2 ports were for storage and printer server..the reason i upgraded...neither works for me

I'm a Trusted Contributor

It does not seem that USB ports work... I tried to connect my printer to it yesterday - I was not able to access it. I am trying to connect my external hard drive to it, still cannot access it.

And there is no manual for this gateway. I called rogers, spoke to the manager who confirmed that they don't have a manual for this gateway. Suggested I call Hitron directly. I sent Hitron an e-mail asking for the manual. If they won't respond I'll give them a call. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

These types of gateways are designed for MSOs (Internet providers) and generally not released direct to the general public

The login we have to them, is a restricted one, the provider has a super login. It's likely disabled in there. 😞

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know about the USB ports as I have no reason to use them. My Printer is wireless, my PS3 uses ethernet, my other desktop uses Ethernet. & My laptop and main desktop and phones use wireless.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Many people like to have a hard drive attached, to act like a NAS (network attached storage), to stream stuff to media player devices or just as a network store.
This eliminates the need for a pc to be on all the time to do the same thing.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

The ability to share a printer over the network is also useful. I used to have my printer connected to Netgear R6300 router, but now, after upgrading to Hitron CGN3 and leaving it in gateway mode with its USB ports disabled I have to connect my printer to Windows Home Server, so it can act as a print server for my home network.

Just don't see a valid reason for Rogers to disable USB ports on its gateways.