Rogers NetBox HDPVR seems to drop signal every now and then for a second or two

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers NetBox HDPVR seems to drop signal every now and then for a second or two

Just got a new Samsung tv and upgraded to Netbox PVR.  Connected with HDMI.  Every now and then randomly I seem to momentarily lose the signal to the TV - screen goes black, sound quits for maybe a second - then TV relights and shows the info band on top indicating it is connected to HDMI port.  I also got a regular HD box for basement - replaced the PVR box with the regular box and problem goes away.  Have tried 3 different HDMI cables on PVR, current one seems to lessen problem or maybe I'm just imagining it.  Called Rogers tech service to inquire about returning PVR - they told me it was a software conflict between the PVR and my TV and that I should use component cables rather than HDMI - tried that and the problem goes away.  Only thing is I get a better picture with HDMI ( letters in the guide for example are much crisper).  Does this software conflict make any sense - ticks me off that I bought all this new stuff and cant get the best picture possible.

***Edited labels***

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Rogers NetBox HDPVR seems to drop signal every now and then for a second or two

Sounds like you've narrowed it down to the actual box.  There have been a ton of reports of software glitches on the new nextbox's that are causing all sorts fo havok.

My suggestion would be to swap the box first.  The software might be slightly different among different boxes. Have you also tried connecting to a different HDMI port?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers NetBox HDPVR seems to drop signal every now and then for a second or two

I agree with swaping the box anyways.. if the next one does it.. we know it might be something else.

The software is SLIGHTLY different between an HD and a PVR box.. so could still be the software.

Like bigjug said, try a different HDMI port.. some of them have ARC or power on/off via HDMI on some ports, and could be something from the box reacting with that.

I've Been Here Awhile

I tried using another HDMI port, but the problem still persists. 

This is frustrating - all new equipment and it doesn't work properly!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Is it a BOUGHT box? or a rental?

Alot of the rentals, are new/refurbished ones.. so it IS possible its a flakey box.  Again, worth swaping it, JUST incase.

Sometimes though..it just ends up a compatablitily thing... for some reason Box X and TV Y just dont get along 😞

There is another user on here recently.  8642 pvr, connected via hdmi.  regular stuff, fine.  RoD content, shows Black and White..
Swaped cabled, same thing, swaped boxes, samething.
Used same cable/box on another TV in the house.  works fine.  Used the regular hd box on that TV, works fine for all.
Its just that combination, for some reason.. DOESNT work.  They switched to component video, and seems fine doesnt have the issue..  So its not the BOX outputing B&W.. its somehow the way the HDMI, that TV, and that box were not communicating properly...

Which is what we could be seeing here 😞

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation