Rogers NOT Carring the New BlackBerry Z30

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers NOT Carring the New BlackBerry Z30

HOPEFULLY they can get it for release date.

While this change is good.. i can see it due to the timeframe now.. that they my not have it for launch day though 😞

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

That is correct. Hopefully they will let us know soon! Also just to note, the Z30 can only be reserved on the Rogers reservation system and for business accounts as well. For now it seems stores will not get any in Stock unless they see a large demand for it.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So it is on the reservation system?  Thats good. (havent looked)

I guess.. at least that way, even if people cant get them at launch day, at least are reserved then to guarantee one when they do get them.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Look, as much as I like to support Canadian companies Blackberry has done this to themselves. They didn't keep up with what consumers want, every release is marred by issues, they can't even release a simple app with out major problems.

I know people that work at BB and the "we know better" attitude and bureaucracy runs rampant. It is evolution of business as much as it is sad to see.

Rogers made a business decision that I believe was right and have now backed off. Nobody should be strongarmed in to carrying something that will cost them money to handle. Shelf space and storage is an extremely expensive commodidty. BB devices just do not sell anymore except to the dedicated few, even the developing countries that get them at no cost on a contract are turning away.

If they could release a device that was relevant, make it easier for developers to get apps out and open the system a little more then they could make another run.

As it is it is too little too late and it is time to move on. Sad to see but I called it 5 years ago. the writing was on the walls then. the guy that started the company left, what does that tell you?

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Yes it's true!!! We will be carrying the Z30 later this month! Stay tuned to @RogersBuzz for the latest details! 😄

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

YES! It's my hope that some old and new customers will have their trust and loyalty restored towards Rogers, another Canadian company along side of BlackBerry
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Same feeling, I am angry on Rogers' decision!!!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Power of social media...

Sure, Blackberry did it to themselves, but it doesn't mean NO ONE wants these phones. It still represents a decent market share in Canada (around 20% according to Mobile Syrup. Windows Phones hold only 2% out here), and as Rogers is the largest Canadian wireless company it is only fitting they support what is undoubtedly the best and could be the last device of the Waterloo company. Consumer sentiment goes a long way - Rogers' reputation has been decent (much better than some complainers give them credit for), but it hasn't been perfect. Carrying the Z30 is a tiny step towards increasing national perception (whereas, as made obvious by the Facebook/Twitter backlash, not carrying it would tarnish their reputation). Frankly I'm up for a renewal in two months and while it wouldn't be the only factor in my decision, the negative press of Rogers' turning on a Canadian tech icon didn't help and Bell has been knocking my way. This gesture helps this 10 year long loyal customer to stay loyal as long as the services continue being good!

I'm not sure what this does mean though - if I renew my contract in two months, will I be able to get the Z30 subsidized, or is it just for purchasing off-contract or for business consumers?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Great answer

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

There in business to make money not lose it,,Why should loyalty play a role in this matter ? When your new Z30 is bricked and no longer works @ least you will own a piece of Canadian history