Rogers NOT Carring the New BlackBerry Z30

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers NOT Carring the New BlackBerry Z30

ROGERS you need to support the Z30 for the following reasons:

1.  Blackberry have a strong base amongst business users and the Z30 will be the go to full screen blackberry for business users.  Your are alienating your business base.

2.  As a carrier you need to offer selection to your clients for high quality phones.  The Z30 is the flagship of Blackberry.

3.  As a Canadian Company you should be ashamed that you are not supporting Blackberry.  You have made a lot of money off of blackberry phones over the past 10 years. 

4.  The Z30 is very similar to the Z10 and should not increase your support costs dramatically.

Very poor decision from both a business and patriotic perspective.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I can undersand the potential 'risk' in choosing to carry it right now..

But that doesnt mean that they should not carry it at all.

Carry it.  Maybe order LESS units than you would a normal BIG rollout.  Order more, as needed. 

Keep stock levels lower if they are worried, but dont NOT carry it at all.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers NOT Carrier the New BlackBerry Z30

Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed being a Rogers customer.  Buts let's just say, I am a more loyal Blackberry customer than I am a Rogers customer.  As long as Blackberry is around, I will use the carrier that provides their phones.

Please reconsider your decision!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers NOT Carrier the New BlackBerry Z30

I also have love the BlackBerry line, as I have previously mentioned. I find it very disturbing the Rogers feels it knows what its customers will want. From what I have read about the Z30 it falls into the new "phablet" category of device. Something I think a lot of people will be interested in. Assorted professionals will increasing seek out such devices to reduce what they need to carry about with them. As BlackBerry is second to none in SECURITY, it seems silly not to offer the Z30.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

i purchised the Z10 back on january, and i loved the phone, i purchised it partly because of a new phone but most partly because was a canadian phone. I have eagerly been waiting to upgrade to Z30, and now finding out that Rogers wont carry the phone, it has put me in a position to question my loyalty to rogers. Rogers is not carrying z30 for simple busssines reasons, and i fill like i would have to switc to another provider for simple personal reason. i would hope that Rogers would change their stand on carrying the Z30. Until october 13 i will wait and see, but sadly i have to say that after 7 years of commitment to rogesr i might have to reconsider that commitment.

BB i believe,

More competition is better for the consummer, would hate to see a world with only android and ios.

I'm a Senior Contributor

You guys need to realize that folks looking for a new bb10 device are far and few between. No point in carrying the z30 when it just won't sell. There are minimum order quantities that carriers have to purchase from Blackberry so there is a risk for rogers to carry the device. They're also probably sitting on a ton of stock of the z10 and q10. The other problem is blackberry may not be around for much longer. It's a risk to purchase a product from them when the company may not be around to support the product.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

While that is true & i really do not believe it, why would Telus & Bell release it but not Rogers? C'mon. We can accept to believe that excuse here. Rogers was the first to bring out Blackberry & they supported them threwout the years, why not bring out the last flagship if not last device Blackberry may have?. I have seen alread 100+ people complaining about this that want the Z30. If you read blogs / tech sites & Rogers Facebook page you will see how many have complained about this. Its a slap to the face to Blackberry & to Rogers customers that want the Z30. I would have loved to buy one from Rogers but my money is going to Bell or Telus if Rogers does not open their eyes & release it.

Yes they have stock of the Z10 in the warehouse but so what? I am sure they can order the lowest limit they are allowed to order & sell them.

Also i am sure Blackberry will stay around & support its products. A company won't just die & not still support the product as big as Blackberry.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

I understand what you're saying, but that's not enough reason for Rogers to spend money on a sinking ship right now. Just my opinion though, but you never know, things can change.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

hello rogers...? are you there...?  remember me?  I'm your customer, you know, the one you've known for 20 years.  Are you guys nuts?  Have you been drinking the Kool-aid?  So as a customer of both Rogers and BB  (for around 10 years), I need to make a choice now.  If I want to upgrade to the Z30 to keep using a BB  every day of the year, the one that is beside my bed at night and on my waist all day I need to switch carriers that I only have contact with 12 times a year when my bill arrives.  I'm thinking you really didn't think this one through very well.  You do know the other two games in town are going to carry the Z30, right?  Oh, and I think they offer the same service you do, 12 times a year...  c ya

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

While i do agree but i disagree as well. I really hope they do get it but it wont see it happen. I really hope they do tho.