Rogers NHL Gamecenter live not able to link account and wrong wifi number on login page

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lselmes
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers NHL Gamecenter live not able to link account and wrong wifi number on login page

Spent more time trying to log-in than watching hockey last night. When I would eventually log in the interface took forever to load pages and then it was a crapshoot if the game would even load! I am officially losing faith in Rogers and there poor service to fix this apparently widespread problem.

Roku3 is my platform

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Rogers NHL Gamecenter live not able to link account and wrong wifi number on login page

For the life me, even though I am a Rogers customer, why should Rogers have total control of GCL in Canada? Is this not a service offered by the NHL. Why should you even need a Rogers account to sign up for GCL? You should be able to do this through the NHL without any connection to Rogers but if you try and do that, the page to do it on is hijacked by Rogers. Is there not something wrong with that picture?  Is it even legal? As far as I can tell, all of these GameCenter Live problems were created when Rogers signed their big deal with the NHL. Prior to that, you had to create an account with the nhl.com site. If you wanted to pay for a subscription for GameCenter Live, you did so. If you got a free subscription from Rogers, they provided you with a promo code. You used this code to get GameCenter Live for free. You logged in. You had no issues. 

Since Rogers signed their deal with the NHL, there have been nothing but issues; log-in issues; account issues; problems for people who are non-rogers customers; support issues for apps on Smart TVs or Smart Blu-Ray players; and the list goes on. As an example, I have a free subscription this year because of my Ignite Internet package. I download the app for our iPad, log-in, and get it all set up. Then I try to play a game and it tells me that we must be a Rogers customer in order to watch the game. So, I log-out, click on the game where I am then taken to a log-in page, log-in again and now the game plays. Do I have to log out and then log-in every time I want to watch a game? It was so much simpler when I could do everything through the NHL page. Now - I cannot even click on a link to the NHL page without being hijacked by Rogers to a new page. Rogers - why do you continually try to fix what is not broken and then break it?

dave8
I Plan to Stick Around

Thankfully I cancelled my subscrription I now have the center ice package with telus at least they can pay rogers for my service I vow not to give them any of my money directly.

dave8
I Plan to Stick Around

here here!!
jbul
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, tomorrow will be the 7th day since I opened my case with Rogers and still no update from them.  Remember, the forum moderator hooked me up with a promo code so I do have service now but nevertheless their support team did say that they were working on the problem with my actual account.  They obviously do not care

trixiepixie
I've Been Here Awhile

Like you, I received a promo code but I'm experiencing the same log in error on my paying account & with the promo code account. I can log in via PC & mobile but on PS3, PS4 & PS VITA I get "Invalid Email/Username or Password" 

kjb_86
I Plan to Stick Around

LIke yourself, I am almost at 7 days but I have not received a promo code.

my error is different than most, as "my account is disabled".. which makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm not too too happy right now either.

kaylasteadman
I've Been Around

I'm having the same problem (getting the "Thank you for logging in with your MyRogers™ credentials. Your profile does not appear to have a wireless or internet account linked to it. Please link one of these Rogers accounts to your MyRogers profile or subscribe to Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™. Visit rogers.com/support for more information." message when I try the link).

Help?

jbul
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, some us have been waiting since the start of the season for the issue to be addressed and nothing has happened yet after the initial apologies and promises to look into it.  It's sad but I'm kind of having fun trying to predict when they will update me on how the fix is coming along - it's been 7 days now and at this point I'm betting on Remembrance Day.  I was lucky to get a promo code from the forum moderator and open up a new account but others here have not received one.  Maybe if you beg forgiveness and sacrifice a goat Rogers will condescend to treat you like a valued customer, but I wouldn't count on it.

kholdstare
I Plan to Stick Around

its funny how the second seasons rogers has had control of gamecenter that the most problems have cropped up. i signed up for it last year and had no issues like this. however i am still watching with the promo account i have had to setup and have not herd any status on the issue and on top of it the android app still hasn't been fixed