Rogers My Account for iPad

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers My Account for iPad

I just upgraded and installed this App.  Now it asks for registration.  Part of the registration is they will send a verification PIN (4-digit) via SMS. 

This iPad is on rogers LTE data plan.  It is not setup to receive SMS on the iPad's mobile number. 

Anyone here had the same issue or had a work around to make this App work?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers My Account for iPad

Yeah, this is something a few people have found out.. and is a real pain in the rear.

Hopefully today i will put a ideabox thing in for it.

They have enabled wifi access for the myrogers app, which is great.  It doesnt NEED to have online celular capabilities anymore.

BUT.. they then set it up , to a one time thing, where it needs to REGISTER the phone number again with the account, etc. (EG: to prevent say like on mine, there is the SAME login, but both my wifes and my iphone, which should it monitor?  We need to put in our number, so that it knows which one to use, etc).

BUT.. this then screws up devices like iphones, ipads, etc.. which can not receive texts.. they are unable to complete the process 😞

One user went to do the same thing with their ROCKET HUB... they put the sim, into their phone.  It DID receive a text (not sure if charged for it?) answered, then put back into the hub.  And it worked...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ideabox idea created for it.. sugest you go upvote it to help increase its visibility.

I Plan to Stick Around

~GDkitty, you are absolutely correct. My colleagues here mentioned to me last week that the iPad tablets are only on the data network.  Now, to receive calls and SMS, it is on a different network.  They had advised me to put the sim to an iphone just to receive that SMS verification code.  That will for sure incur an SMS charge for the iPad (which is only intended for data network traffic).

I was looking for other options/work around from these tech support if they have.

Since it would save one the hassle.  As for my case, an iPad mini uses a nano simcard.  Now if there is no iphone 5 available (also uses nano simcard); then one would be stuck and not having this Rogers My Account app work for their iPad device.

I could not understand why such an upgraded software would be released and not work for all devices, i.e. iPad.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well i can understand how/why they did the upgrade generally... the bigest issue with the app prior, was that you HAD to have cellular.. so if you wanted to check it, you had to TURN OFF wifi, etc.

I can understand, they had to change the method of verification, to change to allow the wifi.... but they didnt really seem to think it all the way though (or all the other uses that people would want to use it with)

I Plan to Stick Around

Hope they could fix the software to work on iPad. I don't think one could revert back to the old software as what is available on app store is alread the updated one.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Correct..i think if you DIDNT update, at least currently the old app will still work.. but you cant get it to download anymore.

I Plan to Stick Around

Actually, if the iPad is on the Rogers LTE network, even with the updated Rogers My Account app, it will still work (just like what it was).

But then, I just put the nano sim to an iphone 5 and registered it and got the 4-digit verification code via SMS.  For me it is still worth to do it this way as more often this iPad is on wifi and accessing the app from there will save me several clicks of switching to data network just to get it working as before.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There was another update for the app today.

not sure if it changed anything in this regards.. no way here to test it.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GDkitty

The update was to fix something, . Read below

"Update: An error that caused a ‘not a Rogers account’ message to occur incorrectly has been fixed."

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/rogers-my-account/id337618972