cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers My Account App on Samsung Note 3

astral78
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I've noticed that when trying to make a payment via the Rogers "My Account" app, the section that allows the user to input the dollar amount lacks a decimal point for entry of precise payment amounts.

Personally, I prefer entering the exact amount rather than seeing debits and credits show up on an already confusing billing statement.

Can anyone else confirm the same?

Thanks,

Astral

**Edited Labels.**

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rogers My Account App on Samsung Note 3

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello astral78

Hmm mine works just fine on my S5 (Both use the same app and app version).

Have you tried unistalling and then reinstalling to see?

astral78
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Meowmix,

thanks for the prompt reply.

There is no way to uninstall the app from what I can see as it's packaged via Rogers. I can't even rollback the software to a previous version. All I can do is disable the app for use. Unless I'm missing something else, I'm not sure how you would go about that.

Currently I'm using the latest version 4.4.2 Kit Kat.

Thanks,

Astral

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello astral78

That is correct. Forgot Rogers apps are baked in. Have you tried doing a factory reset on the device to see if that will fix it?. Mine shows up normal and when pressing the decimal it works on my S5 (4.4.2)

EDIT -  just called my buddy that has a Note 3 with Rogers and 4.4.2 on it.  His works just fine as well.  Could it be just the device? Hmm. Try a factory rest and see.  

Back up the device on Samsung Kies via your computer 

deeps
I've Been Here Awhile

It has to do with the numeric keypad used on the Samsung device. There is some info about this on:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/phonegap/_fECheD-Src

You can install the default Google keyboard from the Play store which should resolve this.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello deeps

That is good to know!. The OP can install that or any third party keyboard like SwiftKey keyboard and it will work. Mind you i am using SwiftKey