Rogers Monthly Cap

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers Monthly Cap

So basically I just read that the maximum charge for going over the bandwidth limit is $50 as of now, so does that mean that say we have the Rogers Extreme Plus, "$1.25/GB" if we go over 40gb, ($50) and if we were to go over even more ex/ we went over 100gb, the charge will still be $50? srry if its confusing idk how to word it.

TY for ur help 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm an Advisor

Re: Rogers Monthly Cap

@Resistencex3:

if I understand what you say correctly, you would pay nothing extra over and above your basic monthly charges if you used 40 GB or less in a month.

If you go over 40 GB in a month, you would pay $1.25 per GB of bandwidth usage extra, in addition to your basic monthly charges, up to a maximum of $50.

Once you reach that monthly maximum extra usage-based billing, you would not be billed extra regardless of how large your data usage volume became in that month.

Assuming that you and I have stated it correctly, it would be great if someone from Rogers could provide the official Rogers interpretation of the Terms & Conditions on this matter.

skinorth

I've Been Here Awhile

@skinorth You didn't understand the OP correctly. What @Resistencex3 was trying to say is that if he's on extreme plus (which allowes 150GB now) and goes over by more that 40GB, would he only be billed $50?

The answer is YES. Rogers can only bill you for a maximum of $50 no matter how much over you go. For example: you're on express (with 60GB) and you go over by 400GB, then they will still only bill you $50 because that's as much as they can. Cool? Cool.
I've Been Here Awhile

What happens if I have a business plan that allows me 3 GB of data and I go over by 7 GB. I have not been able to find out what I will be charged on my next invoice. Also does the $50 limit apply to anyone, including me with a business account? I watched two videos and then I noticed that I used up seven extra gigabytes which seems extreme for the amount of time I was watching the videos. Rogers used to send a text message when a customer gets close to their maximum allowable gigabytes but that does not seem to happen anymore.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am assuming your talking cellular data? And not regular land line Internet?

There are no more texts for the usage anymore, but there is a cutoff at $100 of over usage. (This is generally to prevent the stories you hear of some kid using the phone and wracking up $5000 bill)
But that is generally for personal accounts, business MAY be different.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation