Rogers Live TV app for iPad doesn't work??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Live TV app for iPad doesn't work??

I've been trying to use this app since last weekend on the iPad, and every time I log in, it gives me an error that says the service only works when you're connected to your home Internet, and that it doesn't look like I am. Problem is, I am connected to my home wifi. I've got the right level of Rogers Internet account (Express), the correct cable box (three of them, actually.. An 8642, an 8300HD and a 4642) and I've got a My Rogers account with both of those associated to it. Any ideas?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I just went and swapped my cable modem for the new one with the integrated wifi router, and the Live TV app is working great. Unfortunately there are hardly any channels, so there's not much to watch, but at least it works.
I've Been Around

I have the same problem on my new ipad. Got bounced around 6 different people and even used the live help support and no one knows how to fix this problem. I have the Cisco 8642 box which is supported but I keep getting an error message from the app saying it is not.

It's disappointing that no one from Rogers is able to support this app properly.

I've Been Around

This app is still NOT working!!!!!!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I wonder how does one go about reporting this issue?

Retired Moderator Rogers_Kate
Retired Moderator

@Bzloon wrote:
This app is still NOT working!!!!!!
Are you getting an error message Bzloon? Have you checked all your eligibility requirements?
Rogers_Kate
I've Been Around

I'm getting the same error. Eligibiity seems to be 2 things. You must have a high speed internet account with rogers and have a registered HD digital box.

I'm getting the same issue. I've been bounced around to 3 people so far. 

I'm Here A Lot

I am getting error 204, saying to I'm not connected to home internet when I am.

The only thing I could think of is, instead of subscribing to the "Digital TV" package, I have on my bill "Basic Cable, with Digital TV option".  

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same problem and have become totally frustrated with Rogers. It seems none of the help desk people are aware of the App and nobody knows how to make it work. Good job its a free app!!

I Plan to Stick Around

I think you have to subcribe the service 1st of all, i don't know why it does not work for you guys but me with my iphone5 LTE hotspot, its work like a charm...tsk tsk tsk....awsome for 18+ video on ipad ROFL ahahhahaa